Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

Guest adam526

Kirby this is their best album. Earlier ones have better singles (great songs you'll want to put on mixtapes) but this is their first real album. It takes the personal Commit this to Memory stuff and shows you a few years after that personal low point. From start to finish it meshes together and makes you anticipate the next flow for the record. The lyrics are awesome. A ton of people will think "oh he's talking about weed and a xbox" and ignore those references being to things that kept him company during points in his drug abuse. All set to up beat cheerful power pop with really strangely awesome Superchunk, Jawbox, and Jimmy Eat World moments every now and then.

I listened to a few songs and it's pretty good so far! My favourite that I heard is History Lesson.

Speaking of "History Lesson," for the first few hours of this stream they mistakenly had the old version of that song uploaded which is no longer on the album and pretty significantly different than the final version (up now). If the one you heard didn't start with acoustic guitar, you heard the original version.

Once this album comes out next week, I'll upload the original version to the B-sides thread.