AVAIL Merch

So I was thinking today.....It would be great if AVAIL start making some merch again. Im not even saying for them to make a ton a different designs or colors. Just 1-2 designs. We all know the true spirit of what the band stands for. Minimal goes along way with them. Whatcha think?

Maybe Virgil @ Suburban Home can license or authorize something with Tim Barry? Just a thought.

avail logo on front

poor, ugly, happy on back

this is my most favourite merch by them....

:)

i so need another one of these.. i lost it to an ex girlfriend from richmond... who's sister oddly enough lived on the same street as them

it should be reprint.

i have one of this but ever saw someone worn 3/4 sleeves with this design....

:)

• 8 months later...
I have never had an Avail shirt. It saddens me.

but you're now in the brotherhood/sisterhood of those with Avail tattoos so, everyday you're wearing an Avail shirt. I'm also probably going to get stitches tattooed around my Avail tatoo so it looks like I have a patch sewn onto me...that'll look hilarious when I'm 50.

I have never had an Avail shirt. It saddens me.

but you're now in the brotherhood/sisterhood of those with Avail tattoos so, everyday you're wearing an Avail shirt. I'm also probably going to get stitches tattooed around my Avail tatoo so it looks like I have a patch sewn onto me...that'll look hilarious when I'm 50.

haha you should totally do that! I've often said if I make it to an age/place in life where I don't have to worry about visible tattoos I'm going to get real weird with it.

I'm really glad I finally got it done, I had been putting it off for a while because I like to wait six months between tattoos at minimum and have a bunch of things I still want to get done. Just the other day some girl in my Opinion Writing class freaked out that I had an Avail tattoo. She ran up to me and gave me a hug...apparently she's from Richmond and "no one knows them up here" haha.

haha you should totally do that! I've often said if I make it to an age/place in life where I don't have to worry about visible tattoos I'm going to get real weird with it.

I'm really glad I finally got it done, I had been putting it off for a while because I like to wait six months between tattoos at minimum and have a bunch of things I still want to get done. Just the other day some girl in my Opinion Writing class freaked out that I had an Avail tattoo. She ran up to me and gave me a hug...apparently she's from Richmond and "no one knows them up here" haha.

Which is weird because when I first got into them years ago, I got into them because literally 75% of people at shows* had an Avail patch on something they wore or carried on a regular basis. ...so when they finally came back and played the next time it was a fucking revelation. Life has never quite been the same since.

*edit: and a good deal with Avail tattoos

Which is weird because when I first got into them years ago, I got into them because literally 75% of people at shows had an Avail patch on something they wore or carried on a regular basis. ...so when they finally came back and played the next time it was a fucking revelation. Life has never quite been the same since.

That is more or less what made me check them out. Granted, I kind of grew up at a different time, but I saw a bunch of their shirts around and heard people speaking really highly of them. When I finally checked them out it knocked me on my ass. Rather unfortunately, I've never seen them live. It kills me. They are one of a few bands where if I heard they were playing a show on this continent I'd drop everything and go.

Which is weird because when I first got into them years ago, I got into them because literally 75% of people at shows had an Avail patch on something they wore or carried on a regular basis. ...so when they finally came back and played the next time it was a fucking revelation. Life has never quite been the same since.

That is more or less what made me check them out. Granted, I kind of grew up at a different time, but I saw a bunch of their shirts around and heard people speaking really highly of them. When I finally checked them out it knocked me on my ass. Rather unfortunately, I've never seen them live. It kills me. They are one of a few bands where if I heard they were playing a show on this continent I'd drop everything and go.

you and me and I'd say a good 25 people from Chicago alone as well.

tim seems pretty adamant about being done with the band. he says there's no hard feelings, he just feels that this chapter is done and doesn't want to revisit it.

I didn't know that, what a bummer. I remember they had an album recorded and ready to go but then scrapped it since it wasn't up to par. At the time, I was glad they held themselves to a certain standard. But now I'd love to hear it.

I think I have like 4 Avail shirts...ha, would love to have a hoodie...I think maybe I'll just make a design and do one myself.

I have a really nice red zip up hoodie I got when they toured with the Bouncing Souls. I'll post a pic later. Almost getting cold enough here in the evening to wear it.