Impulse Buys

Ever buy things on impulse whether it be on ebay or somewhere?

Was it a GOOD idea or a BAD idea?

Discuss.

I just bid on a desktop. Put down the next minimum bid for the hell of it, but turns out i'm the next highest bidder. There's like 2 minutes left on this bad boy... and i'm hoping to get outbid, but at the same time i'd be excited for a new desktop.... er not new refurbished.

I once got approved for a $5k Best Buy Credit Card. That was a bad day. 42" LG TV, PS3, New iMac, Digital Camera, Laptop, iPod, Alpine Head Unit for my car, XBOX360 and a bunch of games.

That was 2005. Just payed it all off in August of 2009. Worth it? yes. Bad idea? yes.

Sounds like the best day ever!

I once got approved for a $5k Best Buy Credit Card. That was a bad day. 42" LG TV, PS3, New iMac, Digital Camera, Laptop, iPod, Alpine Head Unit for my car, XBOX360 and a bunch of games.

That was 2005. Just payed it all off in August of 2009. Worth it? yes. Bad idea? yes.

That sounds like a crazy day indeed!

That sounds like a crazy day indeed!

It was a great day at the moment! Then when that first bill came I was like "What the fuck did I do!" mostly because I had bought a car like 6 months earlier.

I haven't bought much of anything in a really long time. My worst impulse buy was an XBox360 about 2 months ago because my mom had bought a really nice TV and COD:MW2 was brand new and it was so appealing. I don't regret it though, especially since I've been sick the last few days and played so much multiplayer.

I usually go without for a few months then i have a month i drop a ton of cash on prints and records. I love getting a ton of stuff at once.

I also have this problem where I know ill be spending a lot of time indoors right before winter comes so late fall i spend a ton on records and just fill a crate or two and then take my time through out winter listening to them all.

When Devin comes here he will laugh at the amount of records I have that i either forgot i bought or are still sealed, and I listen to records everyday.

I just now opened my copy of Chase this light by jimmy eat world. I think I ordered it from VC months and months ago.

i bought some used records last night... nothing major just like 20 bucks worth, but you dont have a job thats something i shouldnt really do.

I got Mean Jeans - Are You Serious LP, Lou Reed - Rock n Roll Animal LP, a Hard Ons tribute 7" and a Sidecar LP.

i cant wait to randomly buy shit again... Hopefully i land a job sooner than later.

When I worked at the record store I was always doing this. We had a pretty sweet discount so I was always getting stuff cause it was a good deal, whether I liked it or not didnt seem to matter. Now I got a bunch of stuff that is alright, got no money, no job, and sure as hell wish I had money in the bank account. Sadly, I know when I get a job it will start up again.

When I worked at the record store I was always doing this. We had a pretty sweet discount so I was always getting stuff cause it was a good deal, whether I liked it or not didnt seem to matter. Now I got a bunch of stuff that is alright, got no money, no job, and sure as hell wish I had money in the bank account. Sadly, I know when I get a job it will start up again.

This. At my record store we got 33% off new stuff and half off used. My 200-some DVD collection probably cost me between $1-3 per movie and $5-12 per TV boxset. I'm trying to unload it now, as I've grown more fond of Hulu, Netflix, and torrenting. The record store days were the fucking worst/best.

I bought an Audrey Kawasaki print today for $120. I probably shouldn't have, but for the first time the opportunity was there, so I took it. Might have to sell something to make up for it. haha

i got the same one, and was thinking about getting my cousin to pick up the other one for me, but since i impulsively bought a snowboard this week, i decided against it.

i love her work.. it'll be my 7th one of hers, of which only 2 are currently framed though..

I bought an Audrey Kawasaki print today for $120. I probably shouldn't have, but for the first time the opportunity was there, so I took it. Might have to sell something to make up for it. haha

i got the same one, and was thinking about getting my cousin to pick up the other one for me, but since i impulsively bought a snowboard this week, i decided against it.

i love her work.. it'll be my 7th one of hers, of which only 2 are currently framed though..

wow, which other AK prints do you have?

Damn....I always seem to forget about the sales, or have no cash when they go up. Makes me sad. Her stuff is so beautiful.

Also, I bought a 42" Plasma TV this week fairly impulsively. I don't think I'll regret it though.