Impulse Buys

so dude, did you win that computer?

nope. someone beat me to it with 6 seconds left. i'm so glad. because if i would've won, i'd be screwed for the rest of the week...

a lot more impulse buys for me are records too. esp when you hang around the boards, people always tend to hype up releases/albums which you normally wouldn't buy. Most of the time it's totally worth it since you end up getting a collectible music item, sometimes rare which has good trading value, but other times just having an mp3 of the album is more than enough. (ie nofx records)

My new killer is books, now that I think of it. I go to the bookstore to buy one thing I need and leave with 3 or 4 books I happened to see that looked good. I have a backlog a mile long, especially since I have so much reading for grad school to do.

This!

This time last year was records. I was baddddd. Like 3-5 purchases a week. i spent so much money on shit i didn't even need. I thought variants were cool. Now i look back and think "why do I need 5 copies of this NFG record? oh i dont, sold!"

Usually it's clothes for me. I'm really glad I passed up on the Crombie overcoat (the British brand not abercrombie http://www.crombie.co.uk/c/Category_Men_Coats.htm ) I found the other day for $50 since I managed to wrack up some doctor bills today. Right now I'm trying to impulse buy a car (1959 Nash Metropolitan) if this cat will ever agree on a time to meet up w me.

i got the same one, and was thinking about getting my cousin to pick up the other one for me, but since i impulsively bought a snowboard this week, i decided against it.

i love her work.. it'll be my 7th one of hers, of which only 2 are currently framed though..

wow, which other AK prints do you have?

it's been over the years, but it's been getting increasingly harder to pick up her stuff.. the only i got on ebay was two sisters and i was lucky and got it for around the regular price for it.. the rest were online and at one of her shows

my dishonest heart

two sisters

[image]

yasuragi

[image]

charlotte no keikaku

[image]

ishiki, odaijini (on right)

[image]

I don't really do impulse buys. I've VERY cautious with my money. I over analyze almost every purchase I make. I won't spend more than $100 without reading a ton of reviews on a product, etc... Sometimes I waffle back and forth when buying a $20 sweater or something.

Food/beer is a different story though. I stopped looking at prices when I go out to eat / drink. It's not worth it. I get what I want.

I'm also a balla.

I have odd way of justifying my purchases. I have a set and determined income, then a flexible income from subbing, so I take what I expect to make and put it towards bills, then justify various purchases by saying "ok, that one was paid for by that day subbing..." or I think about how it's just $X a month for a year of enjoyment.

Even in my most impulsive moments, I know how it's getting paid for. I've mastered the art of living just ahead of my paychecks. It's like living paycheck-to-paycheck but I'm always just barely in the green, only rarely dipping into the red.

One drunken night I ebayed a golf bag including a complete set of clubs, some balls, tees etc.. I don't play golf but apparently it seemed like a good idea at the time. Luckily it wasn't too expensive. Later on I used the set to play a bit of minigolf with a couple of university buddies in the hallway in front of our offices on slow Friday afternoons. On the same night I was also bidding on a moose head but luckily someone outbid me.

My biggest sober impulse buy was a Frank Kozik painting.

I paid $40 on eBay for the Bud Light Real Men of Genius box set. Not worth it to most, but god damn was it worth it to me.

It would appear I didn't get a half bad deal, either ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280454822153

They don't pop up too often, though, so its hard to guage price.

I paid $40 on eBay for the Bud Light Real Men of Genius box set. Not worth it to most, but god damn was it worth it to me.

It would appear I didn't get a half bad deal, either ;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280454822153

They don't pop up too often, though, so its hard to guage price.

I have the original Vol I & II versions, I didnt know these go for that much.

Comics have always been a killer for me, I'll read a tradeback and trying to find the single issues. My current killer is "Walking Dead", I wish I could've afforded the lot that someone on this board was sellling a long time ago.

Guest markovianprocess
I am the fucking worst at this. It is the bane of my existence. I'm being serious, I get so mad at myself sometimes lol.

I know you feel, the internet really doesn't help. Whenever I've ordered records online I head down to the local store and buy records to listen to until the ones I originally bought arrive.

I've had to talk myself out of buying a new watch and turn off my computer because I became obsessed about owning a green watch even though I never wear a watch.

eBay is killer. The last 3 guitars I've bought I really didn't need. I got a Schecter C1 for £135 delivered, they are like £500 in the shops over here. I just can't pass up on a good deal.