http://waffles.fm/

morgan

Taken from the site itself:

"Waffles.fm is a new torrent tracker, based off of OiNK's Pink Palace. The tracker will be 100% private, unlike newer alternatives. Registration will be invite-only from day one.

Why? An open tracker or one without ratio requirements has less selection, less quality (e.g. flac), and less community. There are torrents on The Pirate Bay that have been snatches upwards of ten thousand times, with only a couple of people seeding

This was never the case with OiNK, may it rest in peace, and it will not be the case with waffles.fm. It's going to be a bit slow at first, but we're aiming to be the community that OiNK's Pink Palace was, with the same selection of high quality music.

Important notes on the opening:

We're opening on Wednesday, October 31st (Halloween) at midnight PST. You will need an invite to get in. All members will receive a surplus of invites during the beginning of the website.

You are highly encouraged and will be rewarded for inviting as many ex-oinker's as you know of as well as uploading your entire oink torrents collection. There will be special competitions during the beginning to make this process even more rewarding - although the greatest is available to everyone: having the best damn music tracker on the net back!

Talk to us at #waffles.fm-chat on irc.p2p-network.net - News in #waffles.fm"

If somebody manages to get an invite, please give me one and vice versa.

I'm scared of torrents now.... I only downloaded stuff that was demo or vinyl only on oink and it totaled less than 1 gig.

It doesn't matter what you download, if people are going to go down you will go down with them.

If you people are going to use torrents be safe at all times.

Download and configure Peer Guardian 2. Google it and you'll find the website, which should walk you through the process.

Protect yourself.

I'm scared of torrents now.... I only downloaded stuff that was demo or vinyl only on oink and it totaled less than 1 gig.

It doesn't matter what you download, if people are going to go down you will go down with them.

If you people are going to use torrents be safe at all times.

Download and configure Peer Guardian 2. Google it and you'll find the website, which should walk you through the process.

Protect yourself.

thats great. i never knew something like that existed. thanks!

Not to be ants at a picnic, but peerguardian will not protect you at all. It might make things a bit slower, but it is a BS program. All it does is block KNOWN ips from connecting to you. If you are using torrents anyway, anyone can get your ip from the servers the torrent is stored on, torrents are the least unsafe medium of downloading.