What is your job?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently - I'm a runner/courier and office assistant for Red Light Management - a huge artist management company. I drive around most of the day doing errands and delivering papers and messages and what not. And then sometimes I handle online content management or design work for some of our artists.

Starting in April I'm going back out on the road with Josh Ritter, selling merch, photographing the tour and his sets every night, and what looks to be like handling his online content management and design work as well as maybe a tour blog so I can make some money when we're NOT on the road.

I love my life.

currently, "Release Test Coordinator" for a major financial institution. What that means? I make sure that Project Managers are listing their deployed software correctly over multiple systems. It's not nearly as exciting as I'm sure that sounds.

I work as a contractor, so my time is almost up here. Then I'll go back to looking for Business Continuity jobs (Planning and mitigation for service interuptions, disasters, etc in the private sector). That's what I really want to do again. I used to do that for an Airline. It was awesome.

I'm also in school full time during the evenings for a degree in Emergency Management, which is basically the same as the Continuity thing, except for the public sector. So, mainly planning and mitigation for public disasters, like fires, floods, hurricanes, tornados, terrorism, etc.

Currently - I'm a runner/courier and office assistant for Red Light Management - a huge artist management company. I drive around most of the day doing errands and delivering papers and messages and what not. And then sometimes I handle online content management or design work for some of our artists.

Starting in April I'm going back out on the road with Josh Ritter, selling merch, photographing the tour and his sets every night, and what looks to be like handling his online content management and design work as well as maybe a tour blog so I can make some money when we're NOT on the road.

I love my life.

sweet gig. i could handle seeing josh ritter everynight. love that guy

Freelance graphic designer, co-owner of a small full service design studio. (If any of you are interested in doing freelance backend programming, photography, database design, get in touch. We are always looking to expand our network of fellow creative monkeys to help out on various gigs.)

+

Dream part-time gig; working at my local hi-fi shop. Called the owner on a whim yesterday and got the job. Built a $35,000 system yesterday while listening to the Beatles Mono remasters on this:

[image]

Naim + JM Focal Labs Utopia floorstanders. Jaw-dropping.

Mechanical Design Engineer. For the past year all my work has been on the waste water treatment side of mechanical engineering. I also specialize in oil remediation (clean-up of contaminated soils due to older oil practices and spills). In the coming year I will probably continue with WWT and hopefully major oil companies will start new clean-up projects. I don't do any work on the production side of the oil industry. I do the entire projects from the engineering side to the drafting of the plans.

On the side I make extra money building vintage/classic Vespa and Lambretta scooter engines. I also help my mom clean a few house each month for some quick cash.

Guest eriathomas

I work at AAA, answering phones for people who break down and dispatch the out tow trucks. I was thinking about trying towing, but then I got crazy anxiety problems so that never happened. I'm also a student, and am going to school for computer networking.

This thread is super interesting.

I'm currently a student, graduating this spring with a degree in Biology. Not really sure what I'm going to do, but I think I'm going to apply to be a field tech in some remote, northern area this summer. I've also worked on and off as a pharmacy tech while in school.

I work at an art and 'culture' (read: books on punk, skinheads, cults etc..) bookstore and gallery. I love it. We've done shows and events for people like Daniel Johnston, Tim Kerr, Chip Kidd, Gary Panter, Cynthia Connolly, Bill Daniels etc.. www.domystore.com

Before that I built pickups (like in guitars) for pianos.

behavior analyst.

i work in a group home for I/DD kids with aggressive behavior problems.

i write their behavior plans, graph data, and make decisions about current tratment options.

shit gets intense at times, i have a scar from when a kid hit me in the head with a clipboard, and the other day a kid tried to attack staff with a wooden pole he ripped out of his closet.

I work at the University of Kansas - Center for Research on Learning. It's a division of the Special Ed department which is apparently the #1 in the nation. The director of my department has talked with President Bush, which is neat whether I like Bush or not.

I'm the Inventory/Materials Coordinator and do a lot of the work that the research professors don't want to do, as well as ship books and educational materials and help them set up conferences. For what it is, the pay is great and I get good benefits w/ about a months vacation a year. Honestly though, I haven't been too happy with it lately. The bureaucracy sucks and I think maybe an office job just isn't for me, especially now that they have me doing accounting work. I'm going on 5 years here and since I have started going back to school, work just sucks for me.

I'm working on a BA in social psychology and I want to go to Europe to get my master's in peace and conflict studies so I can do some international peace work and what not.