San Francisco, CA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like San Francisco a lot, but I may be biased. L.A. sucks and San Diego is really nice but not my favorite place. I'm fairly convinced in general people from northern california are nicer too. You may be able to take Amtrak (train) to l.a. but flying may be cheaper, you could also try greyhound. You can get around the bay area (sf, berkeley, oakland, san jose) really easily by train though.

i took the bus down from SF to LA. it cost like a little under 40 bucks... but its like 8 hours. I'm from orange county and i think LA can be lots of fun... you just hafta know the places and depends who you're with. SF is also lots of fun. i really like the culture up there. i'd visit around (like someone said) santa monica, venice. sd is lots of fun too... all about hte night life.

if you're gonna be traveling by foot, i'd stick to SF

I'm a bigger fan of socal over norcal, which is why I live down here as opposed to up north. LA gets a bad rap if you don't know what you're doing - yes things are very spread out and since I've never taken public transportation I have zero expertise in that area. What it comes down to is what it is you want to do while you're in California. If you want to go to San Diego it would make more sense to spend time in LA. When are you coming down here? If you have any questions regarding LA/SD/OC I should be able to help out or at least point you in the right direction.

San Francisco is tons of fun but it's kind of far from the other places you want to visit

yeah i know, i was looking to take a train from san francisco to l.a but i can't find any. the only one i found was from san francisco to san jose.

Train: www.amtrak.com

Plane: www.southwest.com sometimes has really good cheap flights.

don't bother with a Greyhound bus. It will take way too fucking long.

LA is awesome, don't believe any of the nonsense above, it's a great city to wander around and have fun in. If you end up here go to Clifton's Cafeteria on Broadway in downtown, cheap and amazing lunches.

But I am partial to San Francisco, the city rules. In all seriousness if you go there go to 1-2-3-4 Go in Oakland, that store is off the chain.

yeah i know, i was looking to take a train from san francisco to l.a but i can't find any. the only one i found was from san francisco to san jose.

Train: www.amtrak.com

Plane: www.southwest.com sometimes has really good cheap flights.

don't bother with a Greyhound bus. It will take way too fucking long.

thanks! i also found this website for plane, jetblue.com

and the prices are pretty much the same as for taking the train

i'm looking on the amtrak website right now and it seems like there's only bus trip available when i search from SF to LA, maybe i'm doing it wrong tho?

I'm a bigger fan of socal over norcal, which is why I live down here as opposed to up north. LA gets a bad rap if you don't know what you're doing - yes things are very spread out and since I've never taken public transportation I have zero expertise in that area. What it comes down to is what it is you want to do while you're in California. If you want to go to San Diego it would make more sense to spend time in LA. When are you coming down here? If you have any questions regarding LA/SD/OC I should be able to help out or at least point you in the right direction.

i don't really ''need'' to go to San Diego but it would be an option if i have the time. i want to leave on feb.15 and i would arrive in SF, stay there for about 2 weeks, than maybe go down south towards San Diego, stay there for a week, than go back to SF for another week than go back home, even tho i'll probably won't want to leave like one of my friend said, ahah. but yeah, if i ever go down south california, i will let you know :)

taking the plane feb 15. probably going to spend the first 2 weeks in SF and the area. than probably go south towards san diego for a week, than come back to SF for the last week.

a friend of mine told me a place i need to go see is Big Sur. i never heard about that before, so i googled it, and this place looks amazing! so i want to make sure to go there. i won't have a car so hopefully i'll get to meet people in some hostels that would be going there as well.