How many LP's can one square of the Expedit hold?

I don't anchor them and they've always been fine... My friend and I were in the market for Expedits a while back and he bought the 2x2 while I bought the 4x4... Within a year or two we each upgraded to the next size. My advice is to get the bigger one if you can fit it. You'll always find a way to use it. Too much space is better than too little.

there was a sale on the one i got at the time. 4x2 i guess it is. have it on the side, 4 across, 2 high. not anchored. i think i only have about 50 in each but i really don't like packing in lps too tight. get ring wear if you're not careful. i don't remember if i ever actually counted tho so i could have more in there.

So ok, explain to me how that one in the picture collapsed. It wasn't anchored... but have it the right way? I only have a 2x4, so I don't see how the 5x5 can be the wrong way...

If the long planks that make up the shelves aren't placed horizontal, then it's the wrong way. The Expedits on both pictures have been placed with them vertically.