Needed to vent...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents:

I had been buying kinda regularly, but when every order I was getting was bent or otherwise damaged because of an obvious lack of packaging common sense, I got tired of the hassle and now order nothing from VC. I like and believe in what they do and wish I could support it, but stories like these and my experience makes me more than happy to buy elsewhere, pay a few more dollars and *know* that my LPs are getting here in bombproof packaging. Returns are just too much of a hassle when there is no guarantee that the replacement will get to me undamaged!

I have stopped buying for the most part for similar reasons. Along with the fact that their prices were really getting out of hand. ($5.99 for a 7" before shipping) I'm sure the wholesale prices are not much better either. When you browse through the No Idea distro you can always tell what are VC releases because they cost twice as much as everything else.

Personally I think these are the reasons that VC has had hard times financially lately. They probably lost more customers because of this rather than the economy or vinyl's popularity.

I love where this thread is spiraling to. I've had one problem here with not receiving a wilhelm scream record but I got it in my next order so its not a big deal. With how much some people order online, it's not surprising that people have had problems.

I rarely have any trouble with any orders, which is odd. I've been pretty lucky. And the times I do have a problem it's usually fixed quickly.

Ive never had any real problems with VC at all. Once or twice things I ordered were out of stock and I was either refunded or just picked a different record to replace it. A couple times Ive gotten a different record but they sent me the correct one in my next order. Any time Ive emailed Ive gotten a response in a reasonable amount of time and the problem has been fixed. Everything Ive ever gotten from VC has been packed well.

I have an idea. I know this can be done too. Only sell the amount of records that you have. After you have sold the amount you have then it is sold out and no one else can buy it. Another thing, look at the shipping ticket before you package something. It's just that easy.

I use to order shit tons of stuff from VC last year, but those orders have dwindled due to the fact i (like jUan) am being more selective with with what i order. For the last 2 years i have yet to get a damaged piece of vinyl. Call it luck. But seriously, in the past 3 years the only damaged records i received was from GONEr and Asian Man. Asian Man just sent me a new cover, and GONER refunded me for the damaged lp i recieved in a mailer with no backing and in 16 different pieces. So i have no problems ordering from VC, AM, or Goner.

I do wish Virgil would actually answer my email though regarding a personal question about the COOP though.

i have ordered at least 5 times and only this last time they sent me the wrong color. the strange thing is that the color they sent me, they didn't even have it listed. the only complaint as of now, is the wait from ordering to shipping. that is at least understandable though.

Hey everyone I'm new to the boards but not new to ordering from VC. Have had a great experience until recently as I am not getting any reply as to where my gift certficate is. I'd really like my Christmas present.

cass,

try emailing [email protected] and/or [email protected]

This may or may not be the right place to ask it, but I placed this order in August. Can anyone tell me what of these records (if any) is holding it up?

BYO Records box set

Green Day - Insomniac

Q And Not U - Different Damage

Bouncing Souls - 20th Anniversary Vol. 3 7"

Mark Sultan - Hold On 7"

Tim Barry / Frank Turner 7"