going out to lunch/dinners/coffees/booze

mrc

Thanks for the heads up on the mailorder, I'll give it a shot. An ex-Berkeley student living down here opened up a place called Dawg Out, which was considered part of the chain, except for some reason they didn't use the Top Dog name. It was pretty good, but it wasn't quite the same (still delcious, though) and they never had the selection that Top Dog had, but you could get fries and beer. It ended up closing down because it never caught on.

That's too bad.

There's a "top Dog" place like that in SF proper. They use the same dogs, but yeah something about the way They make them at Berkeley is dare I say Magical. I just love the way it makes a snapping sound as you bite into the casing. The true sign of an excellent hot dog. Also How awesome is fucking Russian Mustard

my lady works at a fancy coffee shop and she hates starbucks because they over-roast all their coffee. she says it all tastes burned.

Yeah i hear ya. its funny cause my GF works at starbucks and people get the bold and strong coffees because they think they have more caffine but they is not true. they are just roasted longer giving them a stronger taste but the caffine levels are the same.

The other day i got a "black eye" from starbucks. which is a large coffee with 2 shots of espresso in it. man that was some strong stuff.

i hate starbucks for the simple fact that i cant turn onto a street corner without seeing one. aside from that, i go out to dinner once a month. i dont think its very financially smart (nor healthy) to be eating out all the time. im all for spending money on tangible products i get to keep, but eating out/5 dollar coffee drinks/lunches/etc. doesnt help the wallet any.

i dont think its very financially smart (nor healthy) to be eating out all the time. im all for spending money on tangible products i get to keep, but eating out/5 dollar coffee drinks/lunches/etc. doesnt help the wallet any.

I totally agree. I would much rather spend money on something I'll have for more than 30 minutes tops.

i dont think its very financially smart (nor healthy) to be eating out all the time. im all for spending money on tangible products i get to keep, but eating out/5 dollar coffee drinks/lunches/etc. doesnt help the wallet any.

I totally agree. I would much rather spend money on something I'll have for more than 30 minutes tops.

yeah, definitely. theres a girl i work with who was up to ordering a 5 dollar coffee drink of some sort of from this place across the street every day. she started talking about it was getting expensive and i told her to multiple 25 bucks a week times 52 to see how much she'd spend in a year on coffee which is 1300 bucks. i know its all cash flow, whatever, but it adds up. if i did that for a year and knew i blew 1300 bucks on coffee, im not sure i could live with myself.

Man, there is a starbucks on campus here in Fredonia and I love their Vanilla Bean Frap. Too bad there isn't a Tim Horton's on campus. Speaking of which, I learned Tim Horton the actual man, played for the Buffalo Sabres long ago. Weird.

americans know about/have tim hortons? i had no idea! that's awesome!

I got out to eat atleast 3-4 times a week. The ONLY reason is because of my girlfriend. Growing up my parents never took us out to eat, but my girlfriend's family go out to eat ALL THE TIME. So pretty much she wants to go out to eat and if I tell her no she gets pissed off and calls me a cheap ass.

Regarding Starsbucks and stuff... well, I'm not into coffee but I hit up the smoothie shops every other week or so. Expensive but I love fresh smoothies.

Man, there is a starbucks on campus here in Fredonia and I love their Vanilla Bean Frap. Too bad there isn't a Tim Horton's on campus. Speaking of which, I learned Tim Horton the actual man, played for the Buffalo Sabres long ago. Weird.

They are in Western NY, but I'm not sure if they are any where else. I think it may be because we are so close to the boarder. Tim Horton's is the best. Toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and an ice cap. Best fast food ever.

They are in Western NY, but I'm not sure if they are any where else. I think it may be because we are so close to the boarder. Tim Horton's is the best. Toasted everything bagel with cream cheese and an ice cap. Best fast food ever.

Get that same bagel, but tell them to add bacon. It sounds a bit odd, but I kid you not, it is amazing!

i rarely ever go out to eat anymore. I usually cook my own dinner and just eat leftovers for lunch at work.

I usually hit the Wawa for coffee every morning.

I've been hitting the bars about two or three times a week lately. I'm starting to feel like a lush. Anyone calls me and I always seem to be down for drinks.

Guest scriptedrain

How did you not know this? Everyone should know him as a hockey player, eh?

My family generally eats out both Friday and Saturday, so they usually bring me a burger home since I am always at work. I used to eat a lot of fast food, like every other day, but since I've been sick I've cut back a lot and it's been nice. BTW, anyone in my area who loves burger's HAS to go to Louie's in North hill (corner of Glenwood and Tallmadge), they seriously have the best burgers I have ever had in my entire life.