going out to lunch/dinners/coffees/booze

mrc

So i am curious to know where i stand out eating out and going out for drinks. I usually go out to lunch about 3-4 times during my work week, do 1-2 dunkin donuts/starbucks runs, and maybe a causal dinner with the ol lady once a week. Oh, and i havent been drinking (beers) much lately so i only go out to bars a few times a month. Weed has been my current beer subsitute.

How much do you go out/spend a week on lunches/coffees and other crap?

Just curious and bored.

Guest falloutcollapse

I never go out to eat except if my family does over the weekend, I don't drink anything except water, and I don't really stop to get a snack anywhere except home. I need to grow up.

I never go out to eat except if my family does over the weekend, I don't drink anything except water, and I don't really stop to get a snack anywhere except home. I need to grow up.

Grow up? Nah, that's the way to do it, I'd love to go back to basics. I'd save a ton of money and lose a bunch of weight.

I go out to lunch 5 days a week. I go to a bar 2-3 times a week, which usually turns into dinner at the place I'm drinking at or a fast food joint on the way home. I used to buy coffee at Dunkin' Donuts all the time until I moved, now I never do. So I'd say I average $100 a week

Guest scriptedrain

I go out to eat maybe 2-3 times a week. I've been trying to cut back on soda / pop / whatever-you-call-it, too. A can or bottle a day is what I'm going for. Some days I have a little more, others I don't have it at all. As far as drinking goes, I used to drink at least a few times a week, now I'll have a beer or two maybe once a month. Just not into it anymore, and I hate the bar crowd / "scene."

No no no, you're going about it the right way. As someone else said, its really expensive to eat/drink out all the time (not to mention not good on yer gut, either). I've cut back on going to the bar, eating out, etc. lately.

I don't eat out much but I've been cutting back on hitting the bars lately, what with being a jobless bum and all. Because I don't drink at the bars, I'm drinking less alcohol overall because if I drink at home, I drink like George Thorogood, I drink alone, which winds up depressing me and I don't like that. As a result, I'm back down to a disgustingly skinny 125 lbs.

my woman and i just dropped 160 bucks on groceries, so i'd better not be going out for lunch, dinner, or drinks for the next two weeks. not if i know what's good for me.

typically though we "eat out" at least twice a week for dinner, i probably do the same for lunch during the workday, and drinks at least once a week. or i drink at home. now that i have delicious bourbon.

I hate Starbucks...and no...it's not the whole "damn the corporate devils blah, blah.."...I just don't drink coffee.

As for going out. It seems that I eat out for lunch almost every day. It gets expensive. Other than that, I rarely go out for drinks or dinner. Not even on the weekends. I have been seriously cutting back on going out and having beers...not only to save money but also to hopefully lose some weight...I just found out that too much beer can make you fat!!!! Who would've thought that something so tasty and refreshing can be so bad?!?!?

Hmmm, I eat out quite a bit but I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's insane enough to pay for EVERYTHING. It's almost frustrating though, I got in a fight with her because she paid for her own birthday dinner when I was in the washroom. But nonetheless, it does help expenses quite a bit.

I do need to cut down quite a bit and make my own food for work and school...

I eat dinner out about 3-4 times over the course of the weekend, mainly because I am too damn lazy to cook anything then. During the weekdays maybe once or twice.

I need to really cut down. I'm starting to just make a lot of food on the weekend and eat it over the course of the week. It costs way to much money to eat out here... sigh

I very rarely go out to eat.

I generally pack my lunch at work every day and watch movies on my laptop. I would say I go out about 5 times a month for lunch. Always on paydays, because I goto the bank. If I have shopping to do I'll eat out. So generally on paydays or when a new video game comes out.

I go out to eat if I'm over a friend's house watching a hockey or football game. Generally on Friday nights.

Now that I have a gf again we eat out all the time.

I eat dinner out about 3-4 times over the course of the weekend, mainly because I am too damn lazy to cook anything then. During the weekdays maybe once or twice.

I need to really cut down. I'm starting to just make a lot of food on the weekend and eat it over the course of the week. It costs way to much money to eat out here... sigh

If I lived in Berkeley I'd eat at La Burrita and Top Dawg every single night. Oh, there's also some really good Thai food up there. Shit, you guys are lucky.

I was stoked because this weekend was my girlfriends birthday party and we went to the same bar that a wilhelm scream/only crime played at because on friday nights they have beer specials, punk rock/hardcore music playin and horror movies on all the tvs. I started talking to the owner and i traded a bunch of AWS and only crime prints for alot of free drinks on friday and then we went back to drop off the prints he hooked me and my gf with free dinner. what a class act.

If I lived in Berkeley I'd eat at La Burrita and Top Dawg every single night. Oh, there's also some really good Thai food up there. Shit, you guys are lucky.

Oh Man, I had top dog the other day and seriously thought about eating it for dinner for a week straight. It's all about the Calabrese and Linguica from there.

http://www.topdoghotdogs.com/ If you want in.. Mail order!!

The Berkeley Thai House is possibly my favorite Thai place in the area. If only because they have Thai Tempura Ice Cream and a 1-5 star spiciness customization. I usually stick with 3 stars. I once had the Pineapple fried rice at 4 stars and was left wondering why everything on the plate made my mouth burn like fire.

My absolute favorite place to eat though is a diner called Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe. It's in Emeryville in between Berkeley and Oakland. If you are ever in the area I would highly check it out.

http://www.rudyscantfailcafe.com/