what would you call timely shipping?

so i bought a 7" off ebay from a rather reputable seller; not a huge number of transactions (252 star points or whatever) but good feedback rating. while i was waiting week after week for it to arrive, i noticed he hadn't left me feedback.

so when it finally showed up, i checked the postmark and the guy didn't send it out for two weeks to the day that the paypal transaction cleared and he got the money. now, i'm used to having packages get held at the border for a few days, but that didn't come into play here because he just didn't send it for 14 days.

so when i left him feedback, i was honest; i made it neutral, saying that the product was in great shape but that he waited two weeks to ship. so i checked my account tonight and the guy finally left me feedback. he gave me negative feedback, saying "left neutral feedback for no reason. shipped timely out of U.S. patiense is a virtue."

now am i out of line or is that totally dickish? i mean, i could have left him negative feedback, but i made it neutral because i didn't the shipping was enough to warrant it. i explained why i did it and it seems to me like he over-reacted a bit and in doing so, ruined my 100% feedback. but i still think if i'm paying you to send me something, i shouldn't have to wait two whole weeks just for it to get dropped off at the post office.

so what do you think? am i out of line?

I won a 7" on 10/16 and it still hasn't arrived, and it is a completely domestic transaction. I already sent the seller a question asking when he sent it because it is still not in my hands, but I recieved no reply. If it isn't on my back porch when I arrive home from work, I will be leaving him negative feedback and try to get my money back...

I won a 7" on 10/16 and it still hasn't arrived, and it is a completely domestic transaction. I already sent the seller a question asking when he sent it because it is still not in my hands, but I recieved no reply. If it isn't on my back porch when I arrive home from work, I will be leaving him negative feedback and try to get my money back...

I'm in the same situation but I got an email saying it was getting sent out today so I'm hopeful.

Thats fucked, you did the right thing by leaving neutral feedback. If I were you, just for peace of mind, I'd email the seller and explain what happened and then tell him that he was totally in the wrong for leaving negative feedback and that he's a piece of shit. It'd make me feel better, anyway. :)

Why don't you tell us who the seller is? He sounds like a dick and I wouldn't want to deal with him.

he goes by the handle of "zboyzz" and i actually did send him a message, outlining all of what i wrote above. i ended on a high note:

And just so you know the next time you're condescending someone with fewer transactions than you, "patiens" is spelled "patience." zing.

he wrote me back saying, "If you would like, go to square trade and we can mutually retract the feedback."

i say, fuck that. you fucked up and even if it makes me look like a lesser ebayer, i want you to take the hit.

The whole feedback system is stupid and doesnt really mean as much as it should.

If i buy somthing from you on ebay, you should leave me feedback first. After i make payment. There is nothing else, i as a buyer can do. If i pay quickly, i should get a positive, if i take my time, i get neutral or negative, right?

but what happens is the seller waits until i leave him feedback and then bases his off that. Sometimes im afraid to leave negative feedback bc theyll do the same for me...there are so many stupid things about ebay...

2 weeks is a long time to wait to ship something out. obviously, communication between the buyer and seller would have been better.

heres the shitty thing... as a buyer, i would never leave nuetral feedback on a seller that hasnt already left me feedback because they are always going to ream you harder with a negative in return. there are decent people on ebay that buy and sell (i like to consider myself one of them) but a lot are not.

As someone who sells/trades alot of items online, I totally understand if the seller was waiting to send multiple packages out. It really sucks driving to the post office 2-3x a week just for one package. Having said that, 2 weeks is way to long.

Also, that's one thing that sucks about eBay - if they haven't left feedback they can give you a negative feedback. They really need to do something about it.

Sometimes im afraid to leave negative feedback bc theyll do the same for me...there are so many stupid things about ebay...

That's exactly how I feel. There's times I'd love to fucking tear people apart for their shitty service but I don't cause they'll just make shitty lies about me. If thats the case usually I just don't leave anything, and never heard from them again. The feedback system sucks.