What was your first ever record purchase?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before i started really collecting, or once i realized i wanted to continue?

my first vinyl purchase ever was Poison The Well - Distance 10" i loved them and thought it was so cool that it was on vinyl I had to pick it up.

my first purchase with the intent to continue it as a collection was Forensics - Things to do when you should be dead anyway

My first records I bought were a box that my friend was selling that had Scumbrigade, I hate myself, neutral milk hotel, sea and cake, crass and a few other things in it. I already had a bunch of my parents oldies records, and I used to have tons of those old story 45's like star wars and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure my first paid for record was Superchuck - Come Pick Me Up

I was just about to start a thread on this topic before going to hang out with my neice... which got me thinking, if you want to be technical my first record was that OG fisher price record player that came with like 5-6 colored records, including hit like mary had a little lamb, pop goes the weasel and more.

I'm pretty sure the first record I purchased was the offspring ignition lp