What was your first ever record purchase?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest falloutcollapse
bloc party-a weekend in the city and bright eyes-cassadaga at the same time earlier this year. i am a n00b.

no not quite.

did you BUY them in a clothing shop. i know a particular one that sells them both and only them.

negative, i bought them at the virgin megastore in downtown chicago right before they closed. they were half price, so 2 for $20 without tax. what clothing store though?

Guest falloutcollapse

i think that these british women singers came in a storm. lily allen, lady sovereign, and that 'rehab' one. i don't any of them are particularly good though.

i think that these british women singers came in a storm. lily allen, lady sovereign, and that 'rehab' one. i don't any of them are particularly good though.

i actually heard that rehab song the other day and it's very good. good in the sense that it's a total throwback to the 60's/motown, etc.

it's mostly for the band though; that track (and i think the girl's whole album) was performed by a group called the dap kings, who record with a former james brown back-up singer named Sharon Jones. Their records are fucking amazing.

um, i remember the first cassette tape i paid for...madonna's true blue in 1986 when i was 12.

i can't for the life of me remember what the first lp would've been.

it might have been Boss Hog-Cold Hands actually.

http://burntwolf.com/index.php?title=Cold_Hands

for some reason I think I got that before Drinkin, Lechin, Lyin or maybe w/ the same order.

• 2 years later...