Dude flew a plane into an IRS building in Austin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's weird to see a left-wing nut instead of a right-wing nut doing something like this.

What he did was terrible and innocent people didn't deserve it at all - but I agree with his message. Nothing will change unless people DO stand up and do something about it, but this violence wasn't the solution.

Organized rebellion against SOLDIERS > one crazy dude with a pilot's license targeting civilians

rebellion against the government is rebellion against the government.

Oh common, that's ridiculous. You gonna go beat-up on the city-employed garbage man because your property tax is too high? The government is a decent sized entity so not everyone employed by it can be held responsible for something like, I dunno, all the tax laws of the US.

my cents.

Dude is fucking douche.

Not only is he whining about losing money for what sounds like from his letter his own ineptitude when it comes to dealing with his taxes and being a contractor (I'm a contract employee also. It's not hard to file things properly) but worst of all, he stuck his family with whatever financial issues he left, took their means of shelter by burning his house down, and left them to deal with the aftermath of his death from a lame bullshit of an excuse of a pathetic existence.

He's as bad as the whiners that all hold their hands out expecting the government to fix their shitty mistakes/lives also.

Whatever happened to people being responsible for themselves and their actions, and owning up to their mistakes? I'm all for tax reform, and I certainly get bent over by the IRS too, but you take it, deal with it, try and change it, and provide for your family as best you can.

This guy was a selfish A1 prick. fuck him.

I think the majority of people's thoughts on this thread are the same as everyone in austin. Even from hearing about it 5 minutes after it happened, most were like.. fuck... some asshole flew a private plane into a building.. coming from georgetown? probably accidental. then came the crazy story about the irs taking all his money, etc etc.. everyone thought he was some crazy goof who did something stupid and more so inconvenienced everyone. no one was really scared, but everyone gave alot of face palms today when they heard why he did it. There is still one person not accounted for. 2 injuries, and that's basically it. what a failure...

Dude is turning out to be a giant asshole.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/texas.plane.crash.profile/index.html

According to this article he failed to pay taxes/file a tax return with two of his companies which got their licenses suspended. Yet he still had enough money to have a $230,000 and a fucking plane and pilot's license. What a self righteous asshole.

Dude is turning out to be a giant asshole.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/18/texas.plane.crash.profile/index.html

According to this article he failed to pay taxes/file a tax return with two of his companies which got their licenses suspended. Yet he still had enough money to have a $230,000 and a fucking plane and pilot's license. What a self righteous asshole.

Just because he bought a $230,000 house doesn't mean he had $230,000. That's not how property works.

it wasn't like this guy attacked a garbage man, he attacked the IRS... its symbolic.. the tax system in this country is so fucking whack its ridiculous... like i said, i don't condone his methods... but i agree with his reasoning. people with money get to pay really good accountants to scam the system, which is already skewed to favor the rich.. its quite sickening... i have a friend who owns a multi-million dollar property... he pays less property tax then i do.. because he read up on farm subsidies and planted a bunch of apple trees and boards horses for rich peoples asshole kids... isnt that awesome?

and honestly... i fly quite regularly for work, and im surprised i havent brought a bomb to the airport with how much of a fucking hassle its become... and how much the airlines can jerk you around and fuck you for every last cent.

it wasn't like this guy attacked a garbage man, he attacked the IRS... its symbolic.. the tax system in this country is so fucking whack its ridiculous... like i said, i don't condone his methods... but i agree with his reasoning. people with money get to pay really good accountants to scam the system, which is already skewed to favor the rich.. its quite sickening... i have a friend who owns a multi-million dollar property... he pays less property tax then i do.. because he read up on farm subsidies and planted a bunch of apple trees and boards horses for rich peoples asshole kids... isnt that awesome?

He was attacking a building with people in it. He might have thought the building was a symbol but he was wrong.

And I pay my good accountant $345. That's not very expensive and he's very good.

And frankly your friend sounds quite smart how can you hold it against him? He took advantage of rules anyone can take advantage of.

This dude is an ass-hat with zero justification for his actions. Period.

and honestly... i fly quite regularly for work, and im surprised i havent brought a bomb to the airport with how much of a fucking hassle its become... and how much the airlines can jerk you around and fuck you for every last cent.

I don't disagree that tax codes are messed up, but it didn't symbolize anything except his own fucking retardedness. Work to change the system. This was about on par with a child throwing a tantrum.

Crashing a plane into a building isn't going to get anything changed. All it shows is that he was a selfish prick. By crashing his plane and burning his house down, all he did was was leave a wife and daughter husband/fatherless, and without an easy means to pay off his debt for his ineptitude.

As for property tax, good for your friend for doing his research and figuring out how to work within the system. But like Sammy said, a good accountant isn't that expensive, considering what he could save you in the long run. So this guy had a bad one? that forgot to report something? get a new one. Work to fix your mistakes, not blame others.

As for flying; no one is forcing you to fly. If you're flying regularly for work, you shouldn't be paying for it, unless you're self-employed, and if that's the case, is flying needed? It's not a necessity, it's a convenience. I'm getting sick of this attitude that is spreading, that we're entitled to all these things that are not necessities. Look, if you don't like how an airline is run, what they're charging, etc, then DON'T USE THAT AIRLINE! Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the others, don't use them either. It's that simple. And if you have to use them, then deal with that fact.

We pay our accountant about 350 for doing our taxes, and he saved us a few grand thanks to stuff my wife can write off as an independent contractor. Accountants are awesome.

See, that's what angered me about that guy whining and going on about how he got shafted as a contractor. I work on contract, and I've managed to make it work for me very well. Most people that I know that are contract employees also know this. Glad to see it working for you guys too.