+/- about your day

+ No more motherfuckin Time Warner.. god damn what a shitty company.

Agreed. i just got cable for the first time on my own this year, and i am already looking forward to when my contract expires. Half the time, my cable or internet aren't working. Terrible.

i know, i know, first world problems.

They also have the world's slowest cable boxes and the shittiest remotes I've ever seen. It's always fun when you start hitting a channel number and it doesn't read the first one or two, then you end up at the wrong channel and it takes forever to recover because the cable is so damn slow. Or when you hit enter to bring up "enhanced TV" and the channel blacks out for 10 seconds just to bring up the menu for it. Joke of a TV provider.

Whoa.

- A guy I went to high school with just got out of the hospital. He was attacked by 4 guys who first tried to run him down as he was walking down the street, then jumped him with a bat and stabbed him 7 times in the back. I haven't ever hung out with him, but it mostly is shocking to me because it happened 4 streets over from where I live, and this is not a violent town. I live in Tonawanda, and both Kenmore (which is a part of Tonawanda) and Amherst (the next town over) are among the safest places in the USA by crime-per-capita or however they measure those stats. Apparently it was some kids doing their gang initiation because they attacked 3 or 4 people at random around town a few days ago and got caught. The guy I knew spent 2 days in the hospital but luckily no organs or anything vital were hit.

^ That is some scary stuff.

- Fucking sinuses are bad today. Drainage is making my stomach feel awful and causing headaches.

+ Going shopping with a good friend of mine. She's going to help me pick out some decent looking clothes.

Guest markovianprocess

- I've been unemployed since October now. It sucks because I am genuinely trying hard to find anything at this point. In the UK, youth (18-25) unemployment is the highest it has been in 15 years. Luckily for me, it's also the only time I've never had a job or been in education.

--- It's made me question why I put myself into so much debt getting a Masters degree that seems worthless now.

- I've only had one request for interview, and it was dodgy. I had applied for a customer service position in Glasgow city centre, and they phoned me about a different job entirely. I said yes to the interview anyway, went online immediately after to research the company (to get updated on what they do), and it turns out they've been investigated by newspapers for being shifty as fuck, paying out £6 for a week's full-time work in some cases. I called back and cancelled the interview. Really glad that I did, because if I'd accepted the job and found out later/had to quit, I wouldn't have had any money coming in for the next 6 weeks.

-- It's starting to affect my mood and get me down a bit. I'm finding it harder because I'm also dieting, and I don't have comfort food to rely on.

- I've been unemployed since October now. It sucks because I am genuinely trying hard to find anything at this point. In the UK, youth (18-25) unemployment is the highest it has been in 15 years. Luckily for me, it's also the only time I've never had a job or been in education.

--- It's made me question why I put myself into so much debt getting a Masters degree that seems worthless now.

- I've only had one request for interview, and it was dodgy. I had applied for a customer service position in Glasgow city centre, and they phoned me about a different job entirely. I said yes to the interview anyway, went online immediately after to research the company (to get updated on what they do), and it turns out they've been investigated by newspapers for being shifty as fuck, paying out £6 for a week's full-time work in some cases. I called back and cancelled the interview. Really glad that I did, because if I'd accepted the job and found out later/had to quit, I wouldn't have had any money coming in for the next 6 weeks.

-- It's starting to affect my mood and get me down a bit. I'm finding it harder because I'm also dieting, and I don't have comfort food to rely on.

this is exactly why i'm waiting a couple years before i apply to graduate schools. hope things get better for you!

Guest mellietronx

+trying to be less negative

-having some negative thoughts creep in there

+almonds

+Kriss bought some Asian hardcore 7"

+Strawberry Shortcake 7"

+the weather was amazing

+learning some lightroom tricks

- I have to be at my internship in 6 hours.

- Had plans all week to go out drinking tonight, but because of the internship call at the last minute, got stuck being the DD.

+ It was good though, since cops were all over because of school starting back up.

+ Got a compliment on my outfit my friend helped me get today.

- I was sober, so my confidence didn't allow more then a thanks.

- I think I have a sinus infection. I spit out some nice bloody phlegm in the shower It would explain the dizziness, headache, and horrible stomachache I've had for the last few days.

Guest markovianprocess

this is exactly why i'm waiting a couple years before i apply to graduate schools. hope things get better for you!

I appreciate that, thanks.

If I could do it all again, I wouldn't have gone straight into the Masters, I would have taken some time off to gain some experience.

I lived for the whole of last year on nothing. Zero wage, zero bursary or anything like that, and paid for it all by selling off bits and pieces of my record collection every month. It was pretty miserable, and it doesn't look to be getting any better since I'm now out of my record collection and my job prospects. I'm attempting to get a writing scholarship this year though. Fingers crossed.

- So I show up to my internship, finish up the last new PC installation (a whole 20 mins) and the network guy I'm supposed to work with calls and is not coming in. I could have got drunk last night asshole!

Guest mellietronx

+it felt like fall out (holy crap!)

-global warming?

-miss a lot of people (family and some friends) I haven't seen in awhile (tends to happen in the winter)

+Kriss is making killer food

+My body isn't hating on my lately

+new Jersey Shore bitches!

- Bars sucked tonight. It was super dead, and it was like 15 guys to every girl.

- Not ready for classes to start in a few days.

+ Finally found some jeans I really like today. 2 pairs of Levi's 514s.

+/- Thinking of joining a dating site. I feel sort of crappy I can't met a girl normally.

-- Wasted $5.50 to see The Devil Inside last night

++ Went to see it it with one of my friends who came down from Athens and this girl Ive been into for a while and everything.

+/- Received m package from B9 yesterday,but something I ordered was a size to small,so going to excercise to fit into it. And I received a free cdep also.

++ Had a near automotive scare Wednesday and saved myself $120!

A good first week of 2012,so far!

- I can't take my job anymore. It's so mind numbing, and it's seriously killing me I think.

- So sick of being depressed, but not knowing how to fix it for good.

Guest mellietronx

-this dress doesn't like my armpits

+we got snails last night

+been listening to a lot of hxc

+it hasn't been too cold out

+relaxing day

-my birthday is the 18th

+my birthday is the 18th