else

document.write('+':dzywk7l4]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

+ Cute girl was working at Chipotle today. I've been trying to work up the confidence to talk to her.

- She was working in the kitchen, so didn't get to even attempt to fail at talking to her. Is it weird to ask a girl out at her place of employment?

+ New house prospect, trying not to get to attached in case it is fucked like the other house.

+ My mom is out of the ICU, moved back to her little cubicle up in the transplant unit.

- Still not doing all that well, but baby steps, right?

-- I was depending on getting a long-term sub spot after Christmas, and the head of personnel overruled my department head and pulled in someone else, then said, "and I expect he [the other guy] will get the next position that opens up." The most senior person in the district has about 18 years... 12 shy of full retirement. If the economy ever picks up, there MIGHT be an opening for me, but first they have to find the guy that was hired last year (then I was hired, then I was cut and he was chopped down to part-time) ahead of me 2 more classes, then apparently this guy 5 classes, then anything extra will fall to me, but the district is declining in population, so... probably not likely.

- This all really bummed me out today.. it's the first time pretty much ever in my life where I really, genuinely questioned my ability to succeed. Things generally come easy to me, and I never doubted I'd be able to get the teaching job I wanted. I had it, but budget cuts cost me it, and now it might be slipping from reach.

- I'm really sick of being poor, uninsured, and dealing with my seriously-sick mom. I need a break.

- Still waiting on a financial aid direct deposit into my bank account

- found out i have to retake one of my classes from this past semester

- because all the sniveling high school brats that are now on break and suddenly want to work more, my hours at work have been cut so I'm working 2 days instead of 3 instead of near full-time like I had expected.

- Feel like I've gotten dumber because of this job.

- Feel like I'll be stuck there forever.

+ Finally finished Christmas shopping.

- It's raining, again. We broke the rainfall record in the state like 3 months ago.

+ Going out drinking at my favorite bar tonight. Maybe I'll work up the confidence to talk to some ladies (seriously doubt it though).

+ Picked up a few more Miyazaki films to add to my Studio Ghibli collection.

- my sister in law is staying with us and she is awful.

+ i might go see a movie tomorrow

+ i think my wife is going to the record store tomorrow for a last minute present for me

- my sister in law is such a slob that she leaves wet towels and empty gogurt tubes around my house. my three year old knows better and cleans up after her. btw, said sister in law is like 33 years old.

+ I put in an offer on another house, hoping to hear back by the end of the week.

- My arm pain has returned, and has been making it impossible to sleep for longer than an hour or two without having to shift.

- Cute girl I'm trying to work up the courage to ask out was not working when I got food earlier. The last few times she is either not there, or was cooking. Maybe it's a sign.

- my sister in law is staying with us and she is awful.

+ i might go see a movie tomorrow

+ i think my wife is going to the record store tomorrow for a last minute present for me

- my sister in law is such a slob that she leaves wet towels and empty gogurt tubes around my house. my three year old knows better and cleans up after her. btw, said sister in law is like 33 years old.

http://youtu.be/Q_8Ve1p_ZcU

+ made a batch of roasted tomato and basil soup for lunch to last for a few days.

+ eating more vegetables and fruits (have lost nearly 7 pounds in the last month or so with watching nutrition more).

+ picked up a new client.

+ going to a friend's for New Years where I'll be taking along avocado sushi rolls and bruschetta as passed apps.

+ MAYBE seeing Disappears at the Bottle on NYE as well

- the upstairs neighbor continues to hone his craft of perfecting the most generic techno (and I use the term as pejorative) at the most inopportune of times and our sleep hasn't been the best as a result.

- my sister in law is saying with us and i fear that she is scoring tonight. i'm grossed out just thinking about some poor soul doing her

-/+ i'm watching Dylan Dog on netflix and trying to get wicked drunk, in case she comes home before I go to bed.

-/+ my wife periodically brings home sandwiches from a co workers sandwich shop. i just finished it. it's funny how much lead way we give free food.

- organic grocer I was doing some part time cooking for finally shut down today. It was a long time coming and I could see it a few months ago because the owner - while idealistic and well intentioned - ran the place into the ground with careless financial decisions, bad communication and a number of other things that resulted in constant employee turn over, alienating potential recurrent customers and increasingly bare shelves.

+ Because the grocer was more of a client to me than anything else, it doesn't hit me all that hard at all since I have a stable of other clients that comprise my income.

+ NYE tonight where I'm pretty sure I'll be the only one not drinking.

+ Finishing up a piece of art in a larger notebook I've been working in all year - excited to get a new book to start with in the coming week.