+/- about your day

I don't have facebook, so that'll be no help. My main problem is my lack of confidence. I know I'm not good looking, may be lucky to be average, so that just kills it when I find a girl attractive. I've only found 1 or 2 girls on the few sites I've joined that I find attractive, and actually have some what similar interests as me. So I guess I'll keep looking, and try to build my confidence up. I also know there are tons of girls out there, but somehow I always find myself trying for ones that are already taken, it sucks.

id like to throw in my 2 cents on dating sites

ive tried a few.. okcupid, zoosk, plentyoffish, and had zero luck. like thomas, im pretty shallow when it comes to these sites, but why is that a bad thing? youre using this site to weed out what you do and dont want, so why bother settling for something that youre not looking for in the first place?

the worst part was that every good looking girl i clicked into inevitably had some form of "and i LoOoOoOoOvE country music!!!"

im a good looking guy (shit, ladies better watch the fuck out after this new hair cut), and i still have no confidence in approaching a woman. i simply dont know what to do. and ive read everything there is to read, and all it says is "uhh just b yerself n thats all shes gunna want". thanks for the awesome advice maxim.

like allison said, i tend to find more success in approaching friends of friends through facebook. developed a fling back in the summer that way, and now im kind of talking to a girl from the same.

apparently not giving a fuck and treating women like objects works, so i have witnessed. i dont think women actually like that, i just think they are blinded sometimes by looks in most cases and play along for the meantime to see if they are really "good guys" inside..

Guest errolwest

+/- i slept till 5pm today

+ got a bunch of money out of nowhere

+i can pay rent woooooo

+++ i have a job interview for a shoot in paris. so stoked

id like to throw in my 2 cents on dating sites

ive tried a few.. okcupid, zoosk, plentyoffish, and had zero luck. like thomas, im pretty shallow when it comes to these sites, but why is that a bad thing? youre using this site to weed out what you do and dont want, so why bother settling for something that youre not looking for in the first place?

the worst part was that every good looking girl i clicked into inevitably had some form of "and i LoOoOoOoOvE country music!!!"

im a good looking guy (shit, ladies better watch the fuck out after this new hair cut), and i still have no confidence in approaching a woman. i simply dont know what to do. and ive read everything there is to read, and all it says is "uhh just b yerself n thats all shes gunna want". thanks for the awesome advice maxim.

like allison said, i tend to find more success in approaching friends of friends through facebook. developed a fling back in the summer that way, and now im kind of talking to a girl from the same.

apparently not giving a fuck and treating women like objects works, so i have witnessed. i dont think women actually like that, i just think they are blinded sometimes by looks in most cases and play along for the meantime to see if they are really "good guys" inside..

this hurts me more than anything. because i AM a nice guy, but im pretty sure girls are so thrown off by me not being a total asshole that they get creeped out.

this hurts me more than anything. because i AM a nice guy, but im pretty sure girls are so thrown off by me not being a total asshole that they get creeped out.

welcome to my world.. nice guy here, but apparently no one cares since most women give a shit about looks first and foremost. being a polite gentleman is only seen as a far secondary. i've been chastised for opening doors, calling people maam, saying hello, etc etc. it's alarming. while i'm not the most handsome man, i am certainly not the ugliest, though i do joke about looking like clint howard from time to time.

welcome to my world.. nice guy here, but apparently no one cares since most women give a shit about looks first and foremost. being a polite gentleman is only seen as a far secondary. i've been chastised for opening doors, calling people maam, saying hello, etc etc. it's alarming. while i'm not the most handsome man, i am certainly not the ugliest, though i do joke about looking like clint howard from time to time.

it's not really about being an asshole, it's more about having an strong but also thoughtful personality that women generally want. you need to be able to know and go after your wants but still able to adapt (positively, mind you) in uncertain situations. it's that mixture of not giving a fuck but not being rude about it. it's not putting a girl on a pedestal because you find her attractive.

you are all awesome. you have a taste in music that you're passionate about. you have a hobby that while nerdy can still be intriguing. movies? i get a lot of recommendations from this place. there's also a fucking book club here which rules too.

anyway, i'm high so i'm rambling. but hey! remember folks: confidence is quiet, cockiness is loud.

protip: if you wanna test out communication skills, talk to cashiers. they will talk to anyone about anything and not give a fuck.

i love talking to cashiers/store associates. it probably has to do with my embarrassing history in retail, but i will definitely echo his statement.

you have a reason to talk to them, and its pretty much their job to be cheerful and engage with you. its a great exercise in simply being friendly with strangers.

as for me, im simply lost without that "reason to talk to them", which is mostly the reason i cant approach a woman.

i love talking to cashiers/store associates. it probably has to do with my embarrassing history in retail, but i will definitely echo his statement.

you have a reason to talk to them, and its pretty much their job to be cheerful and engage with you. its a great exercise in simply being friendly with strangers.

as for me, im simply lost without that "reason to talk to them", which is mostly the reason i cant approach a woman.

comment positively or jokingly on something they have with them. see what they say, listen more than you speak and ask questions.

for example, at a record store:

you could say: hey, i'm looking for suggestions on a record player (even if you're not, it's an innocuous lie) do you have a recommendation? from there you can easily transition into what types of music, bands, etc etc.

if you are into the same music and have been talking for a bit suggest to go to a show sometime.

if you aren't and she seems pretty cool you could just be like: hey, i'm going to get some coffee (or whatever) right now, do you wanna come along so i can make fun of your music taste some more (you've gotta have the right intonation and body language for that)?

i dunno. that's what i would do.

edit: and it's definitely easier said than done. just remember -- the first is always a rejection, and it also stings the most. it gets way easier and more natural after that.

i worked at pacsun for several years and i can't tell you how creepy it was to be hit on by a dude that walked into the store literally 5 minutes ago. obviously not all the dudes were creepy, but some took advantage of the fact that i was required to interact with them.

advice: if you like a sales girl etc, come in and chat her up a few times casually before asking her to hang out outside of her work environment.

i worked at pacsun for several years and i can't tell you how creepy it was to be hit on by a dude that walked into the store literally 5 minutes ago. obviously not all the dudes were creepy, but some took advantage of the fact that i was required to interact with them.

advice: if you like a sales girl etc, come in and chat her up a few times casually before asking her to hang out outside of her work environment.

to tell you the truth, most women will let you know they're interested in the first few minutes of talking if you play your cards right. and maybe pull out your crank. :P

- My stomach is still fucked up. I think I may need to go to the doctor about it. They suspected I may have had Crohns a few years ago, but it passed, hopefully that is not it.

+ Was smoking with a kid in my internship class after class, and he told me they are hiring where he works. Entry level desktop support, but it pays $16/hour to start and it's good for the old resume, so I applied. Be awesome to get it, even though it's like 20 miles away in Hudson.

- flat tire on the rear passenger side

+ don't have to pay for someone to come out to change out the tire to the spare *SAFELY* (I don't even know if my spare is good at all, nor do I feel confident in my ability to change the tire to where it will be safe to drive.)

- need to buy new tires

+ will get new tires

- so fucking expensive

+ just scored a whole slew of free hockey (lightning) tickets.

+ got 5x tickets for next Tuesday's game so i can take a bunch of friends.

+ got 3x pairs of box suite tickets for upcoming games that include free booze and food.

+ going to check out a new local brewery on Friday night with some friends

+ work as light and not so hectic today

+ got some new records and dvds in the mail last night

---- The lease for my rental condo in Jacksonville is about up, and i don't think the girl is going to renew it. which means i have to find some one to rent that out ASAP or else i will have to carry 2 mortgages. Plus interviewing and showing the place and living 4 hours away is going to be super fucking shitty.

Guest errolwest
+starting a these arms are snakes cover band, because fuck yeah. that band ruled.

I would totally be in that band if i lived where you do!

damn! you seem rad. i would mosh.

to tell you the truth, most women will let you know they're interested in the first few minutes of talking if you play your cards right. and maybe pull out your crank. :P

Just pull out your crank. If she likes it, you're good to go.

Confidence is the key, obviously. "Act like you've been there before.." that's a phrase people say, right? My trick is to just be a sarcastic asshole in a joking way and it comes off as very flirty and girls come to me. I'm not saying I pull tail like it's my job, because honestly I don't take advantage of a lot of the opportunities that come my way, but just being outgoing in a social setting works. I do my best work when there's a large group of people and I'm just saying random things. Being in the background or the corner doesn't catch anyone's eye. Get out there in the spotlight.

- I woke up like 30 times last night because my arms kept going numb, was fucking annoying and sort of scary.

- I had a bunch of crazy dreams about stealing my best friend's girlfriend from him. They were so weird. No way I could ever do that in real life. Guess I do have some underlying feelings for her I need to get rid of.

+ No work, school, internship stuff the rest of the week.

+/- Warm out, but crappy out. Rainy, and I guess it's supposed to turn to snow overnight.

+ Hopefully going out to Thursday's tonight, though with school starting this week, I'm sure half my friend's have class too early tomorrow to go out.

- It is really fucking cold and snowy out.

- 2 buttons popped off the top of my brand new shirt. Fucking Target shirts.

- I have not eaten a full meal in about 3 weeks now. I feel so shitty.

+ Weekend.

+ Drinking some beers tonight.