We Need Transparency (an open letter to Virgil)

Things that I have learned from this thread that defy logic:

- VC is in trouble and I should not give them any money because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- VC coming up with ways of making money are bad because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- Hot Topic is cool.

- Vinyl is the new Beanie Baby

Things that I have learned from this thread that defy logic:

- VC is in trouble and I should not give them any money because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- VC coming up with ways of making money are bad because they don't have enough money to pay labels.

- Hot Topic is cool.

- Vinyl is the new Beanie Baby

At one point Beanie Baby was the new vinyl. Vicious cycle.

The only two jobs I've ever had were stage manager at a failed local venue that has since turned into a club for 30+ year olds, and a summer intern position at my Dad's company where I spent three months inputting hundreds of contracts into a new software system.

At the venue I could play whatever I want, and in the office I could listen to my iPod. NO COMPLAINTS.

The only two jobs I've ever had were stage manager at a failed local venue that has since turned into a club for 30+ year olds, and a summer intern position at my Dad's company where I spent three months inputting hundreds of contracts into a new software system.

At the venue I could play whatever I want, and in the office I could listen to my iPod. NO COMPLAINTS.

I just wish I had a job :-/

for 4 years i worked at an independent cd/record/dvd store. if we got 1 copy of an album and wanted to listen to it we would open it up and listen to it. any time of day and no matter what we played it would always sell. we had the type of customers who went out of their way to learn as much new music as they could and were totally open to suggestions. my life ruled

I did this when I worked at Borders. If stuff is playing, people will buy it, no matter what. We had a shrink wrap machine in the back, and we perfected the art of slicing open the plastic, keeping the top sticker intact, and then listening/resealing the CD when we were done. God, I loved that job. I fucked around so much.

haha i used to work at sam goody and we were pro's at doing this.. of course we got caught out by our boss after every morning shift she didn't work we got 4 special orders for the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes cd.

Guest markovianprocess
man up and post an identity or get the fuck off the internet.

seriously, nothing anon changes ANYTHING.

What about assassins? Yeah, you think about that.

I did this when I worked at Borders. If stuff is playing, people will buy it, no matter what. We had a shrink wrap machine in the back, and we perfected the art of slicing open the plastic, keeping the top sticker intact, and then listening/resealing the CD when we were done. God, I loved that job. I fucked around so much.

haha i used to work at sam goody and we were pro's at doing this.. of course we got caught out by our boss after every morning shift she didn't work we got 4 special orders for the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes cd.

I call bullshit, no way 4 people want to buy a Me First and the Gimme Gimmes cd in one day in the same place.