We Need Transparency (an open letter to Virgil)

why separate tho? if you like collecting vinyl then you like collecting vinyl.

i couldnt care less what motivates other people to collect.

does it make you a cooler collector if you dont collect variants or something?

The fact that this questions is even asked is disheartening.

If you want to collect Star Wars figures or bottlecaps or colored vinyl variants, that's cool.

Me, however, I'm in it for the music. The people I want to interact with about music are in it for the music. I don't really care about the toy collectors.

Damn this thread got really stupid, really fast.

Who cares about the difference between posters on VC or VLV? People post here because they like it here, and vice versa. I like how the people calling insulting either of the boards are the ones writing long-winded posts about how annoyed they are.

It's like, who cares brah? 'srong with you?

i think vlv is where most vc members will end up once they get over the variant craze and just want to buy records

actually,vlv has evolved more into a "social" message board then a record trading/selling board.

yeah, this is true but there is also a ton of music info and record release info on hardcore/punk/crust/etc (not the mall stuff) that i wouldn't know of otherwise. Mainly because it doesn't get mentioned here because everyone here except maybe for 8 or 9 people, is not interested in most of the stuff by 625, prank, etc. etc.

Listen to less BRAND NEW and More Charles Bronson!

The fact that this questions is even asked is disheartening.

If you want to collect Star Wars figures or bottlecaps or colored vinyl variants, that's cool.

Me, however, I'm in it for the music. The people I want to interact with about music are in it for the music. I don't really care about the toy collectors.

I collect variants on a few bands but I dont think that means Im not "in it for the music". I would have never bought the record in the first place if it wasnt a band I liked.

I just like collecting anything I can get for some of my favorite bands which is how most people are who buy variants of the same album/band, I would assume.

I just really cant understand why anyone would care why anyone else buys records. Its a total "Im more punk than you" type of attitude.

to a lot of people they dont "collect" vinyl. they buy music.

when you were buying cds did it feel like you were collecting them?

thats the whole point i was trying to make... buying records doesnt necessarily make somebody a collector, but buying multiple variants of the same album definitely does

So people cant buy music AND collect vinyl? Id say I do both.

You can call it whatever you want, its all the same in the end.

You can buy one or ten copies of an album but either way that record part of your vinyl collection.

I collected CDs of bands I liked. I bought them cause I liked the music. For some of my favorite bands I bought multiple copies of the same CD. If it got reissued or a deluxe version was released or an import, I guess that the same as collecting variants of the same record.

You can buy one or ten copies of an album but either way that record part of your vinyl collection.

I collected CDs of bands I liked. I bought them cause I liked the music. For some of my favorite bands I bought multiple copies of the same CD. If it got reissued or a deluxe version was released or an import, I guess that the same as collecting variants of the same record.

quit putting words in my mouth. i tried to explain to you the way of thinking for people who dont give a fuck what the hot topic or vc exclusive colors are.

if you dont get it thats fine, but quit being confrontational for no reason. all people have been trying to do is help explain their way of thinking to you, and all i was trying to do is explain it in a way that didnt belittle you or make you sound like a fan boy.

quit putting words in my mouth. i tried to explain to you the way of thinking for people who dont give a fuck what the hot topic or vc exclusive colors are.

if you dont get it thats fine, but quit being confrontational for no reason. all people have been trying to do is help explain their way of thinking to you, and all i was trying to do is explain it in a way that didnt belittle you or make you sound like a fan boy.

whoa relax dude. i wasnt getting upset or being confrontational at all. i thought this was just a completely civil discussion.

i totally get what you're saying about the way people think of variant collecting and i was just trying to explain my way of thinking about the subject.

not sure what words i put in your mouth but that was not my intentionm so i uh...sorry, i guess.

But seriously Travis, CJ is more punk than you. If you don't get it that's fine, but don't get all confrontational for no reason. He collects vinyl, but don't fucking call him a vinyl collector.

But seriously Travis, CJ is more punk than you. If you don't get it that's fine, but don't get all confrontational for no reason. He collects vinyl, but don't fucking call him a vinyl collector.

My apologies to everyone...

hahahahaha that coming from a guy whos name has an x on either side.

i will give you the reasons why i am actually less punk than him...

1. i'm a scientist

2. i'm canadian

3. i like daft punk

thanks for being part of this though xadamhudsonx. keep being straight edge (that is what the x's are for right? not just to look cool) and i'll keep doing what i'm doing

to a lot of people they dont "collect" vinyl. they buy music.

when you were buying cds did it feel like you were collecting them?

thats the whole point i was trying to make... buying records doesnt necessarily make somebody a collector, but buying multiple variants of the same album definitely does

Feeling this post so hard.

hahahahaha that coming from a guy whos name has an x on either side.

i will give you the reasons why i am actually less punk than him...

1. i'm a scientist

2. i'm canadian

3. i like daft punk

thanks for being part of this though xadamhudsonx. keep being straight edge (that is what the x's are for right? not just to look cool) and i'll keep doing what i'm doing

Travis, we're totally cool. I was being sarcastic at CJ's expense... because he is a Canadian scientist (and by that I mean a dick).

Yes, the x's are for straightedge and yes I realize this isn't the B9 board.

=)