PO: John Nolan - Height Vinyl

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So I just got mine in the mail today and received the same thing. For $23.00 after shipping I got a generic white sleeve with nothing written on it, two copies of the album on No Idea colors with the most generic labels you have ever seen. Thankfully I was at least one of the first 100 and got a lyrics sheet signed by John. I ordered this on March 4 and got it yesterday. So it took 5 months for this end result. needless to say I was not to happy and wrote a little message to the label. Guess we will see if I hear anything back.

So I just got mine in the mail today and received the same thing. For $23.00 after shipping I got a generic white sleeve with nothing written on it, two copies of the album on No Idea colors with the most generic labels you have ever seen. Thankfully I was at least one of the first 100 and got a lyrics sheet signed by John. I ordered this on March 4 and got it yesterday. So it took 5 months for this end result. needless to say I was not to happy and wrote a little message to the label. Guess we will see if I hear anything back.

Ouch. Glad I didn't jump on this one. Interestingly enough, it looks like it's been pulled from the webstore.

I tried posting about this yesterday but with the board problems it never posted. This is a disgrace and a mess of a release. How after five months do you just shove them in a blank jacket. You also sent two and just shoved them in the same jacket. Man are plain white jackets too expensive? At least when i wait half a year for a mts/afs releases i know i am getting a quality product. Feel really shitty and taken advantage of on this one. Also didn't it say new album art.work? This is a$ 11.99 LP at most not $24!

Wow, I was so close to ordering this when it was first announced, but I'm really glad I didn't hearing about the no artwork thing, and it being $24. That's insane for that amount of money they should have done the whole thing properly. Looks like this guy got away with some cash, i guess that's depending on how many copies actually sold.

what label was this released on?

The Ambitious Guest

http://theambitiousguest.bigcartel.com/

Looks like this guy got away with some cash, i guess that's depending on how many copies actually sold.

I doubt he sold very many. This google cache from July 14 implies that the "pre-order 100" were still available: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se....eight-12-vi nyl

So I just received my copy today - pretty much the same deal as everyone else. I got 2 copies of the LP - signed drawing - no lyric sheet though. Also - both the records were warped pretty badly. I haven't had a chance to play it yet because my turntable isn't setup (just moved & had it shipped to my pop's). Has anyone else had a problem with this release being warped? I'm in southern cali and we've had a very mild summer, but I hear the rest of the country hasn't been so lucky so I figure it happened in shipping. Think it's worth emailing the label about? Judging by the entire process and current state of this release, I'm not even sure it's worth emailing about, but it would be nice after all this time to have a record I could listen to.

So I just received my copy today - pretty much the same deal as everyone else. I got 2 copies of the LP - signed drawing - no lyric sheet though. Also - both the records were warped pretty badly. I haven't had a chance to play it yet because my turntable isn't setup (just moved & had it shipped to my pop's). Has anyone else had a problem with this release being warped? I'm in southern cali and we've had a very mild summer, but I hear the rest of the country hasn't been so lucky so I figure it happened in shipping. Think it's worth emailing the label about? Judging by the entire process and current state of this release, I'm not even sure it's worth emailing about, but it would be nice after all this time to have a record I could listen to.

I also got the drawing - no lyric sheet. I only played one copy and it was fine. The other one didn't look warped though. I would definitely email. Especially since it seems like they had enough to ship people 2 copies....