new against me! leaked

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the band had made the best record ever, people would've complained about it. Against Me! is just one of those bands now.

That.

I have repeatedly listened to this album since I downloaded it yesterday, and I fucking love it. I honestly just can't see the Green Day comparisons, but like others have said, if this is their "Warning" then so be it, because that's Green Day's best album, in my opinion.

Every track on the album stands out to me, but "Because of the Shame" and "Suffocation" is an amazing 1-2 punch! Those are definitely my favorite two tracks.

In "Because of the shame" I totally misheard "...with tears in her eyes" as "...with tears in Hooters" Ooops. (To my defense, I wasn't paying attention to the lyrics, I just kinda registered that Hooters line. So I figured it was some sort of break-up song, haha)

I approve of this album. I do have a suspicion that it may not stand the test of time though. But for now, I am digging it.

I approve of this album. I do have a suspicion that it may not stand the test of time though. But for now, I am digging it.

This. If someone played this for me and didn't tell me it was Against Me!, I would think it is a really good album. You have to take the AM part out of it.

I also don't take "I Was A Teenage Anarchist" as a slap to old fans, as some stated earlier in the thread.

"We're Breaking Up" was everything I wanted to, and did, say to my ex girlfriend.

That song kind of hit me hard.

As far as the whole thing, here's my 0.02. Pretty good. energy stays high throughout the whole thing. "because of the shame" really stands out too. just listened to "spanish moss" and that's probably the one song I could do w/o. doesn't sound any more overproduced than new wave did...Tom's voice does sound auto tuned a bit but it also sounded like that on new wave, and what about that solo EP that tom did?..."Heart Burns" Anna is an effing stool pigeon had the same kind of vocal feel a lot of the songs on WC...all in all, I will probably blast this in my car on nice days on the regular.

1. I am digging It. I have gotten over the whole " THEY AREN'T WRITING RAR AND CLARITY ANYMORE" disgust with New Wave, which I actually listened to with new ears the other day and its not bad

2. How do you guys have trouble finding this, I found it as soon as I saw the title of the thread.

3. This is so much better than 21st Century Breakdown. And I have liked Green Day for way longer than Against Me! and stood by GD for so long and they took a shit on my chest with that album.

4. Rapid Decompression was a killer track

5. Pretty cool that Tom addressed the leak AND posted the lyrics. He knows his money doesn't come from album sales.

2. How do you guys have trouble finding this, I found it as soon as I saw the title of the thread.

It was a lot harder to find back when people were asking for it, believe me. When strikegently got a hold of it, it was more widely available.

With that being said, I'm really glad there's love for this album.

Favorite song on the record.

At first I was kinda feeling that the record was phoned in but after a couple of listens I started to like more than half the songs. Also the reaction that some people are having with it kinda reminds me of an article I read with Bob Dylan in an old RS. He was asked about the "Self Portrait" album and he ends up saying that he did the album to move some fans away and to not be called the "Voice Of The Generation" anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think Tom wants to be the voice for anybody but maybe the record is just a big 'fuck you' to everyone who doesnt want the band to evolve.

Favorite song on the record.

At first I was kinda feeling that the record was phoned in but after a couple of listens I started to like more than half the songs. Also the reaction that some people are having with it kinda reminds me of an article I read with Bob Dylan in an old RS. He was asked about the "Self Portrait" album and he ends up saying that he did the album to move some fans away and to not be called the "Voice Of The Generation" anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think Tom wants to be the voice for anybody but maybe the record is just a big 'fuck you' to everyone who doesnt want the band to evolve.

I think it's safe to say "Teenage Anarchist" is a kiss off of that variety.