New-born denied insurance coverage...

Guest eriathomas

Abortion is evil because it kills babies that aren't even fully developed, but it's okay to knowingly let a birthed baby die if you are an insurance company afraid of losing money.

I've never been in the situation where I quit a job because of something I believe in, but I honestly cannot imagine ever being someone who would tell parents that their newborn child could possibly die because the company I work for only cares about profit and not at all about the service they provide.

Also, I wonder which insurance company they had. I didn't see it in the article. I'm guessing Aetna though. I worked in a pharmacy for awhile and they were the biggest deniers and most difficult to deal with.

This is a consequence of rushing and slamming the bill through and everyone not having a chance to carefully read the bill. How can this not be adequately addressed in the bill?

"Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill that Obama signed into law Tuesday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100324/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_overhaul_children_s_coverage_3