Screamo/Scramz/Emo/etc

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm not going to read through this to see whats been mentioned or not, but here are some obscure recomendations some of you might have over looked.

fordirelifesake - one of the FEW screamo bands i can tollerate. their album "breathing is only half the function" i really enjoyed.

filmmaker - forgotten early 00s canadian emo in the vein of mineral/sdr/christie front drive, etc. but a tad poppier. not promise ring poppy, but yeah. their album "invitation to an accident" and their EP "break this fall" are both very great, tho neither were pressed to vinyl.

pave the rocket - saint louis post hardcore thats kinda like a really slow rites of spring, or a more dissonant codeine, ...if jawbox were sad, nay if u.s. maple were sad and somewhat gave a shit about melody. their album "take in" is a must.

Love Like...Electrocution was good. Also, Eyes Like Black Stars (their EP/demo was amazing).

I think they shared members? I know the vocalists were the same, at least I'm pretty sure. Both are from Australia, also, if I am correct.

Anyway, good shit.

I have to be in the mood for some screamo though.

So I am getting a pretty good tax refund this year and I want to use it to buy some records from this genre. My problem is I haven't really heard anything that has come out for YEARS. I think the last new "screamo" record I bought was the final Hot Cross album.

Any suggestions? I've already got a few things picked out from Vinyl Junkie based on some of the stuff in this thread, but am willing to order from elsewhere also.

Here's what I already like and listen to, but I am willing to check out anything if it's good: Orchid (my favorite), Hot Cross, Funeral Diner, pg. 99, Neil Perry, Ampere, Portrait, etc.

Guest errolwest
i'm not going to read through this to see whats been mentioned or not, but here are some obscure recomendations some of you might have over looked.

fordirelifesake - one of the FEW screamo bands i can tollerate. their album "breathing is only half the function" i really enjoyed.

filmmaker - forgotten early 00s canadian emo in the vein of mineral/sdr/christie front drive, etc. but a tad poppier. not promise ring poppy, but yeah. their album "invitation to an accident" and their EP "break this fall" are both very great, tho neither were pressed to vinyl.

pave the rocket - saint louis post hardcore thats kinda like a really slow rites of spring, or a more dissonant codeine, ...if jawbox were sad, nay if u.s. maple were sad and somewhat gave a shit about melody. their album "take in" is a must.

i know one of the dudes from filmmaker. weird

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':w80l7nzg]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':w80l7nzg]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{