Conan O'Brien on TBS

Way to steamroll the most momentum you've had in several years into, what will ultimately, be the worst possible option. Does TBS even have any original content? I imagine this will have a long life, just because it can't be worse than anything else TBS had at this time slot, but will probably never be anywhere near even the lowest rated other late night shows.

Way to steamroll the most momentum you've had in several years into, what will ultimately, be the worst possible option. Does TBS even have any original content? I imagine this will have a long life, just because it can't be worse than anything else TBS had at this time slot, but will probably never be anywhere near even the lowest rated other late night shows.

So you're telling me Conan going to a place that will let him be himself (masturbating bear and all) is bad because its on a cable station no one knows? HBO and Showtime had to start doing original content at some point. Same thing with TBS. I'm willing to bet all the little Conanites, myself included, will have no problem tuning over at 11pm to watch him. Since 11pm on the weekdays its either news, SportsCenter, or syndicated shows.

So you're telling me Conan going to a place that will let him be himself (masturbating bear and all) is bad because its on a cable station no one knows? HBO and Showtime had to start doing original content at some point. Same thing with TBS. I'm willing to bet all the little Conanites, myself included, will have no problem tuning over at 11pm to watch him. Since 11pm on the weekdays its either news, SportsCenter, or syndicated shows.

I think his loyal audience will watch but I imagine most of the general population (those not up on everything Conan) are not likely to channel surf onto this. TBS is never (never) a channel I just flip on late night.

As for HBO, they started original content that was much like movies. Theatrical, uncensored series that would appeal to a similar audience. TBS is home to what Friends, Seinfeld and Family Guy reruns. I'm not saying those shows and Conan don't have some common fans but it's not exactly a breeding ground for innovative comedy.

Kinda funny how he's totally Lenoing George Lopez.
Mr. Polone said he went to Mr. O’Brien to inform him of the TBS offer. “Conan said, ‘We’re not putting ourselves in the position of shoving somebody out of his show.’ ” That blocked the potential deal for a brief time.

But that position changed after another phone call. Mr. Polone said that Mr. Lopez himself called Mr. O’Brien personally. “George called Conan to sell Conan on this idea. He was all for it. It really was George who made this happen.”

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/12/how-the-conan-obrien-tbs-deal-happened/?src=busln

ok, you guys are missing some huge parts of the story. George Lopez has already said he is totally fine with this. Why wouldn't he be? Conan will only improve his ratings. Also, if Conan went with TBS over Fox then the Fox deal obviously wasn't as great as people seem to think it is. With the amount of people that have cable, it's really not that big of a difference in exposure.

Colbert sucks anymore. and Daily Show's went downhill in the last couple years as well. probably will be watching Conan. FX would have been a better fit for him though i think. will the show be edited at all? i know some channel's don't edit their stuff after 10/11PM, which always pisses me off that adult swim still does.

Colbert sucks anymore. and Daily Show's went downhill in the last couple years as well. probably will be watching Conan. FX would have been a better fit for him though i think. will the show be edited at all? i know some channel's don't edit their stuff after 10/11PM, which always pisses me off that adult swim still does.

One of Stewart's greatest bits was just the other night mocking Glen Beck in the best possible way. Comedy gold.

Him competing with Comedy Central's 11-12 lineup will be a knock against him for sure. I think I'll find myself on CC rather than TBS.

This is my problem. They've got the same viewers, and as much as I love Conan Stewart has me at 11.

Also I made this

[image]

for

this http://www.the1stfive.com/news/conan-obrien-picked-up-by-tbs-sadly-not-as-next-generation-huxtable/

I'm not proud of how much time I spent on this image just for a news story. But it makes me strangely happy.