QUICKSAND 'SLIP' REPRESS COMING SOON

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright everyone, we finally have things rolling on this - and the re-master is on the way to UMG to start the test pressing process.

I am in the middle of designing the artwork layout, since UMG was only able to supply us with the front cover. We took the original LP and had super hi-res scans made, which we will use for the re-design. Everything will be the same, but Walter did supply us with never before released photos from the "Slip" era that will be included as well.

Full details and announcements will be coming next week!

any progress to report?

I don't need a 'test'. i just want one copy to love and cherish.

• 2 weeks later...

hey I just bought a Manic Compression (black vinyl) and came with an insert, but I have seen others with inner sleeve and lyrics printed, anyone have info about it? I mean the inner sleeve was for the 1st presses? for promotional copies? the regular insert was for later presses? I hope someone can help me with that.. just can't stop to be a quicksand nerd collector hahaaa.

There are bootlegs of SLIP showing up for the past 6 months or so. Our local record store has gotten them, but he's honest about it. I guess the record sounds good but the cover leaves something to be desired. Don't be fooled if you find this in your record store for $15. Look into it a little more deeply.

• 2 months later...

Academy Fight Song's facebook posted a picture of the art this past Thursday. No word on when we'll be able to order it. It's one of my favorite and influential albums of all time, so I'm just as stoked on it as everyone else here. I REALLY hope they don't put this up for pre-order at like 10AM on a weekday or I'm fucked.