Gaslight Leaked

I know I'm not a mod, but if a mod is reading this, remember that Virgil has explicitly asked people not to ask for or offer leaks to albums...

I'll bet you were popular in high school. Go exalt yourself some more.

I don't care about ethics of downloading music, that's not an argument I'm looking to start.

It's not about the rules, it's about respecting one of the few things the people who started this board have asked of us. If you want to use this message board, you should care.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring, Too much focus on Fallon's voice, Which is fine in an upbeat fast paced more exciting song but the music here seems to be missing something, and his lackluster vocals really bring it down...Not too mention the fact that is is pretty obvious he is just trying oh so hard to sound like the boss.

He doesn't really have to try and I think his voice sounds much better with even more character than he had prior. I almost feel like he took some singing lessons at some point.

Boring, Too much focus on Fallon's voice, Which is fine in an upbeat fast paced more exciting song but the music here seems to be missing something, and his lackluster vocals really bring it down...Not too mention the fact that is is pretty obvious he is just trying oh so hard to sound like the boss.

He doesn't really have to try and I think his voice sounds much better with even more character than he had prior. I almost feel like he took some singing lessons at some point.

he must've, his voice has gotten so much better live/ on acoustic songs.

There are a few standout tracks and I wouldn't say I hate the album, right now I'm just disappointed with it but I will most likely revisit it through the week and give the album a good chance.

I agree with all of this. I love the guitar on a lot of songs, but for some reason his voice just doesn't do it for me.

His Range has improved, I'll give him that. on the third listen now I'm enjoying the album more, I can't make it through the diamond Church street choir without cringing though.

It's not about the rules, it's about respecting one of the few things the people who started this board have asked of us. If you want to use this message board, you should care.

If you're saying I should care enough to not talk about leaked music, I don't. If somebody wants to ban me for it, they can. They'll have to ban a good portion of the most active members of these boards also. Oh well.

If you're saying I should care enough to not talk about leaked music, I don't. If somebody wants to ban me for it, they can. They'll have to ban a good portion of the most active members of these boards also. Oh well.

Are you stupid? I never said anything about talking about leaked music. I said people shouldn't ask for or offer it.

Oops, you're right, sorry. I mean to be arguing with Nicole. This is what happens when I half-assedly argue.

?????????????

Why argue with meeeee?

All I was saying is that people asking for or offering to pm the leaks on a public forum defeats the purpose of not posting the links in the first place as it still proves to the record label people that the files ARE being spread ON the message board. I'm saying this because this DID get another board I post on in a LOT of trouble. The same could happen on this board as well. Who's to say people didn't already contact/warn him about it before. It could get Virgil into some hot water and he specifically asked people not to do it. People should respect that as it is his forum/associated with is label/company.

It's just common sense and respect is all it is. If you talk about the music the only thing that it proves is you have/listened to the leak, not where or how you got it, and therefore they can't go after Virgil because they don't have proof people are passing leaks around on his forum.

Guest adam526
Oops, you're right, sorry. I mean to be arguing with Nicole. This is what happens when I half-assedly argue.

?????????????

Why argue with meeeee?

All I was saying is that people asking for or offering to pm the leaks on a public forum defeats the purpose of not posting the links in the first place as it still proves to the record label people that the files ARE being spread ON the message board. I'm saying this because this DID get another board I post on in a LOT of trouble. The same could happen on this board as well. Who's to say people didn't already contact/warn him about it before. It could get Virgil into some hot water and he specifically asked people not to do it. People should respect that as it is his forum/associated with is label/company.

It's just common sense and respect is all it is. If you talk about the music the only thing that it proves is you have/listened to the leak, not where or how you got it, and therefore they can't go after Virgil because they don't have proof people are passing leaks around on his forum.

I get what you're trying to say, it really is a matter of respecting what they've asked us not to do, but as long as Virgil/VC isn't hosting the leak there's really nothing anyone can do to him or the company.

Not true. You can't facilitate copyright infringement, which is why isohunt is in trouble right now.

There's a ton of gray area involved, but it's easier for Virgil to not have to even be faced with having to defend himself.

Also, I think a lot of the vocals on this are really weak. Dude is reaching.

As with a lot of music, though, it seems like my enjoyment of this is going to be very context-specific. It's nothing I'm gonna listen to while just sitting on the computer. But while driving, it's much more enjoyable.

And for the record, I like everything they've done.

... but as long as Virgil/VC isn't hosting the leak there's really nothing anyone can do to him or the company.

Forget legal liability, it's important to be trusted and respected in the industry in which you make your living.

Which is why he stopped paying labels for the records he distros, right? RESPECT

Forget legal liability, it's important to be trusted and respected in the industry in which you make your living.

Which is why he stopped paying labels for the records he distros, right? RESPECT

He made it abundantly clear what the situation was and he paid FAR better than any other distro I've worked with before VC ran it to trouble.

You're way off base.

There was some German label that hadn't ever received a payment or returned stock in 3 years of sending stuff. There are labels that emailed him repeatedly about payments and never heard a thing. Nothing came out until it was forced out by labels that were sick of not getting paid. Your experience is not the same as everyone's.

There was some German label that hadn't ever received a payment or returned stock in 3 years of sending stuff. There are labels that emailed him repeatedly about payments and never heard a thing. Nothing came out until it was forced out by labels that were sick of not getting paid. Your experience is not the same as everyone's.

That seems REALLY weird since I never asked for a payment of any kind. I just got them in the mail every month, no problem.

And I've emailed Virgil and have gotten nothing when I emailed a basic "yo, what up?" kind of message. Email isn't exactly reliable or dependable. Did they call and actually talk to someone? If not, their bad as much as anyone's.

My experience may not be the norm but Virgil has no incentive to keep me happy. I probably allow him to simply break even. I make him no money whatsoever. It seems totally illogical he'd bend over backward to make my payments and blow off everyone else.

Did this random German label not think maybe Virgil had no intention of sending releases back because he warehoused everything? Maybe the releases hadn't sold so he was just keeping them in inventory? It seems more likely than him being a conniving bastard. After all, if you're selling a lot of someone's stuff you want more of it. You don't want to burn a bridge.