Green Day Screws Over NY/NJ Punk Bands

first off, I dislike green day

I agree with most people here, it was more than likely that Foxboro/Green Day was in the area, said 'we're in the area, lets do a show, are there any open venues?' and between their booker/the venue, you got fucked.

I am curious how the show went, did Foxboro say anything about the situation? (Or any of the other bands?)

Yeah I agree with you Travis, and feel it's more than likely the venues fault, and Green Day didn't purposely go out of their way to do this.

And yeah The F Bombers were the Headliners at the show..

Anyway, thanks dudes. I was half expecting to get shitted on :)

Agreed, it sucks for the band, but I don't think this was Green Day's fault.

Is this really a big deal? Set up another show and move on.

not really? I've been involved with booking shows for bands before, and when someone pulls out, an event gets cancelled, you get bumped off the line-up, etc, it really sucks, but you move on. Something like this where you get bumped is really rude/disrespectful, but is usually the fault of the venue.

That's why I'm curious if anything was said about the situation.

i play in killed by the bull and we are the other band who got bumped from this. i don't really care cuz we were the opening band, although we did have a bunch of people coming to see us. but of course we're gonna get bumped for a huge band like that. it happens.

anyway, a friend of mine sent the most ridiculously funny messages to the guy who books the shows at don hill's and i got a good laugh out of it. regardless, check us out sometime. thanks for the little bit of publicity we got on this. LOL.

www.myspace.com/killedbythebull

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Killed-by-the-Bull/97554453176

My band was supposed to play at Don Hills a few years ago, and the guy canceled it on the day of the show. Five bands had showed up with all their shit, and the guy said there weren't enough people there. So we had to send all our friends home and truck all our shit back to Yonkers. He was a dick.

My band was supposed to play at Don Hills a few years ago, and the guy canceled it on the day of the show. Five bands had showed up with all their shit, and the guy said there weren't enough people there. So we had to send all our friends home and truck all our shit back to Yonkers. He was a dick.

that seems partially all the bands' fault too seeing as they clearly didn't sell enough tickets. as for showing up with all your shit, when's the case when you don't show up to a venue with all your shit.