am i gonna get scammed???

I figured I'd ask around here since most people here are familiar with scams and paypals.

Basically I'm trying to sell shit on craigslist, posted a Hookah RooR. It's pretty rare, but some dude emailed me saying he'd paypal me $$ + shipping for the piece and obviously i told him NO because of all the scams and shit. I've gotten way too many emails with dudes from nigeria to know not to ship anything out. He seems like a genuine legit dude. I'll post our convo, but i'm curious is there a way this dude can scam me?

(the one in caps is me)

Would you be willing to ship it if i paid via paypal?

NO SORRY TOO MANY SCAMS

If you research paypal's buyer/seller protection it isn't a scam. It essentially works the same way ebay does. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SellerProtection-outside

If you don't have a paypal account, it only takes minutes to set up and saves us the trouble of having to meet. I would be willing to pay shipping on to of the $325. Let me know what you think

SHIPPING TO WHERE? I'D BE WILLING IF YOU PROVIDE PHOTO ID AND IM SHIPPING TO THE ADDRESS ON THE LICENSE

Cleveland, Ohio. My shipping address is different from my home address because i'm in school

IF YOU HAVE SOME WAY TO VERIFY IT'S YOU AND IT'S YOUR ACCOUNT BUT YOU SEE WHY I'M HESITANT BECAUSE OF ALL THE SCAMS ON CRAIGSLIST

I have an idea. If you have video chat I can show you my ID and my face. How about it?

HMMM MAYBE. I MAY BE WILLING TO TRY THAT

Attached is a picture of me and my ID. I hope that is satisfactory. My paypal is also verified, so its linked to my bank account. I can't really scam you. Let me know when you want to complete this transaction....

he sent the pic and id. everything seemed legit. he also sent me his ebay ID (if it is him) he had good feedback. i told him if he could send it as a Gift so that i wouldn't get tackled with paypal fees. He said, "I can't send you money as a gift, because that would abolish the buyer protection. I will however give you a bit more so it comes out 370 on your end. Maybe like 380. Does that sound good?"

I mean the original price was 350 and he went out of his way to pay MORE.... which was a red alert. if it weren't for that, i'd go through with it. what do you guys think? Obviously, it's smart on his part not to sent as a gift, but if i have delivery confirmation (just in case he makes a paypal claim) is there a way that i can get scammed?????

I was under the impression most scams were people either stealing paypal accounts so that the scammer pays for something under someone else's account (which is why i had him verify his ID) and once paypal finds out, they take the funds out of your account.

OR

basically doing a paypal claim to get the money back?

is there something i'm missing?

WHY WERE YOU TYPING IN ALL CAPS TO HIM?

and that's your call what to do. all of craigslist scares me. and shipping something to an address other than his drivers license seems sketch too. but i'm paranoid.

haha i had to retype the email instead of copy/paste cuz it was in a weird format. there were also some filler emails that i didn't post like we just talked about weed or me talkin shit on lebron. but yeah, i was gonna say shipping somewhere other than his driver's license IS sketch!!!

Send with tracking and insurance, make him pay for it. Don't delete emails, and always keep in touch.

pretty good advice. i was gonna send tracking, but i'll also add insurance. its only an extra buck i think

What's the address in Cleveland? I can swing by and see if it's legit.

ship to scott and have the dude pay cash the amount how much it'd cost in fees and scott can paypal you the amount - fees as a gift, so scott can keep the fee amount for his trouble?

haha i'd be down for that. that way no need to go through the paranoia!! unless scott steals my piece!!!! :o