Who would you pay 100 dollars to see

cj

this is in response to _ _ _ _ saying that no band was worth paying 100 dollars to see. i disagreed. whou would you pay 100 bucks to see. it can be any band in which there is at least a chance to see them again

i would pay 100 and up to see the following

daft punk

led zeppelin

arcade fire in a small venue

isis (actually in calgary)

danzig fronted misfits (it could happen)

rage against the machine (and ive seen them twice)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread...how deep are our pockets? ;)

Rage...I have seen them before during their first tour and then during support for Evil Empire and Battle of L.A.

Led Zeppelin...hells yeah!

Pink Floyd w/ Roger Waters...It will never happen but I can still dream

Nine Inch Nails...I have paid more than $100 when you include tix, hotel, flight, etc...

ISIS...see above...recently when I went to Boston just for them...

I would never pay $100 to see a band. It would mean I've become nothing more than a $ to the artist.

Well, that depends how you look at it. Are we talking about paying $100+ for the face value of a ticket, or $100 because the $15 tickets sold out and we are forced to resort to ebay or scalpers.

I would absolutely pay $100 or more to see Tom Waits. He rarely ever performs and his music is so amazing that I know it would be a wonderful experience.

Also, I am paying a lot more than $100 to see Hot Water Music next month. The ticket was only $25, but I'm buying airfare to Florida, plus hotel, food, cab, and other expenses, its going to cost me a pretty penny, but its worth it.

Nine Inch Nails...I have paid more than $100 when you include tix, hotel, flight, etc...

take it from jhulud... it may not be just for the concert ticket. i paid 1200 for coachella this year and another 1000 for vegoose 6 months later and i dont regret it for a second... they were both amazing and 2 of the awesomest things ive ever done

Guest abravemorning
I would never pay $100 to see a band. It would mean I've become nothing more than a $ to the artist.

Well, that depends how you look at it. Are we talking about paying $100+ for the face value of a ticket, or $100 because the $15 tickets sold out and we are forced to resort to ebay or scalpers.

I would absolutely pay $100 or more to see Tom Waits. He rarely ever performs and his music is so amazing that I know it would be a wonderful experience.

Also, I am paying a lot more than $100 to see Hot Water Music next month. The ticket was only $25, but I'm buying airfare to Florida, plus hotel, food, cab, and other expenses, its going to cost me a pretty penny, but its worth it.

My answer is based on the assumption that tickets for concert/show to a particular artist are $100. Not counting expenses incurred to see whatever artist.

I would be more then willing to put forth 100 dollars to see some bands get back together and play a few shows. I know it will never happen but one can always dream.

Minor Threat

Ramones (I no it is not possible these days, but I saw them about 15 years ago and it was a great experience)

At the Drive In (also saw them once before and I would love to do it again)

Dead Kennedys with Jello

Black Flag with Henry

Operation Ivy

Biohazard- (only if they would do like AK3 did for Goddammit, but with them Urban Discipline, I did go to a show during this era in NYC, fucking insane, sidebar, when I went to this show House of Pain was headlining and some cheesy band opened that me and my friends were like who the hell is this: KORN)