Blink - 182 - Self-Titled

So....is it pretty much a forgone conclusion that MTS will be putting out Take Off Your Pants? Besides Cheshire Cat, that's all we're missing now.

unless you count the mark tom and travis show. for me it's not something i'm dying for on vinyl, but i probably would buy it if it ever was pressed.

I would love to see this pressed.

VC board to the rescue again. Saving the uneducated consumer from the hassles of flippers! I'm proud of you guys.

what if the person flipping it was going to use that money to put out a punk record? or possibly take that $300 to go buy a ton of records from a bunch of other records from other labels and it would essentially just go to support more music ?

(it's not me, i'm just curious if it would be okay with you guys if that was the case)

this is just an honest question. not trying to be rude or anything.

there are more honest and ethical ways to make money, no matter what its for.

But where do you draw the line between flipping and selling off your stuff to make money? I mean I understand in this case the record was still available and not out yet. But whats the difference between that and putting it on eBay 10 minutes after it arrives in post?

I needed some cash and sold off a bunch of records, some of them my friends put out and were given to me and i made a little cake off of 'em. And likewise I've given test pressings to friends that have had to end up selling them. In both cases we understood and didn't care.

I just really don't see what the big deal is. I just can't help to think that if someone flips a few record store day releases for example the hold steady and a blink record, they could press a 7" and start the label they have been thinking about doing for a long time.

I think the difference is intent.

If a record goes up for pre-order today and you know it will sell out very fast and the market will be nice.. so you buy it with the intention of selling it for profit.. it's flipping.

If a record goes up for pre-order today and you know it will sell out very fast and the market will be nice.. but you buy it because love the record and band.. and at some point later down the line you are struggling financially, so you sell it.. it's whatever.

I personally don't get bothered by it.. people are going to do what they want to do. It's all part of the game.

dubmaverick is/was a different beast entirely. he works at cobraside and he would save the most limited variant to sell on ebay for a BIN double the cost of the variants that were like /1000 or /500. in many cases he would press certain colors in insanely low numbers for the sole intent of selling them on ebay for huge profits. cobraside also has a dedicated webstore now to do this, but for more reasonable prices.

he also got caught in a huge lie revolving around how limited a variant was and then threatened to sue a bunch of people when he got called out on it. he said a record was /35 when it was really double and /70

• 1 month later...