BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are honestly so far off the mark man. i don't know if theres a way you could be more wrong abuot my intentions. first of all, i've been buying records, not "vinyl," for about 4 years now, well before the "hype" set in on them. my collection is a testament to that as to the release dates of some of the stuff i have.

and you are still missing the point that i have never ever flipped a record in my life. buying something as an investment DOES NOT mean you are just trying to make money off of it. sometimes it's nice to have something becuase you know it's special. kinda like as a little kid in middle school when everybody wanted the fucking holographic charizard. did they want it cause it was the best card? ehh....they wanted it cause it was rare and it was a cool thing to have.

i bought the gold copy becuase i had a chance to and it was a rare find. in my eyes, i bought it as an "investment" but not with the intentions to sell it.

seriously, quit assuming so god damn much.

ahahahahahahaha.

[image]

that image is STILL funny haha

i just lold at that "you mad" jpg for about 5 minutes... i still cant keep a straight face. i love when shit goes down so that gets posted.

but I can understand the dude's view sorta...having things of value does feel better than not, but it doesn't really justify the initial shitty reason for buying them.

Invest in real estate or an economics class. If you're gonna stay a flipper you should probably brush up on the industry more since like others have said, the AFS release was announced first...knowing that, I don't know how anyone with sense would've considered this record an "investment" to begin with. It was pretty obvious early on this was going to be a huge release after all the hoopla/ sheer demand for the record...if you kept up on boards like this you'd have saved your money and the embarrassment of getting owned over it.

you are honestly so far off the mark man. i don't know if theres a way you could be more wrong abuot my intentions. first of all, i've been buying records, not "vinyl," for about 4 years now, well before the "hype" set in on them. my collection is a testament to that as to the release dates of some of the stuff i have.

and you are still missing the point that i have never ever flipped a record in my life. buying something as an investment DOES NOT mean you are just trying to make money off of it. sometimes it's nice to have something becuase you know it's special. kinda like as a little kid in middle school when everybody wanted the fucking holographic charizard. did they want it cause it was the best card? ehh....they wanted it cause it was rare and it was a cool thing to have.

i bought the gold copy becuase i had a chance to and it was a rare find. in my eyes, i bought it as an "investment" but not with the intentions to sell it.

seriously, quit assuming so god damn much.

ahahahahahahaha.

[image]

always appropriate :)

most of you just have a completely different view on buying records than me. and that's absolutely fine, but you are condeming me for it and that really is unneccessary. i joined this site cause i've lurked it for a while and it's good for release news, unfortunately i obviously joined at a bad time and people consider me a "fanboy" now. if any of you actually knew me like, unfortunate name drop, the people at absolutepunk do, you'll know i'm this band's harshest critic. i used to love them but at this point i pretty much think they have become lazy and uninspired.

that being said, i love their first 3 records, and trying to get a copy of the first one on vinyl is in no way shape or form a crime. and i can't afford it, so by offering up something a lot of other people might want (as the devil and god is easily held as the better album) it was worth a shot. i'm dirt poor, i'm gonna have trouble affording a copy of this release with the blink and against me! releases coming up, so i considered flipping the gold.

no big deal.

even if i was a "flipper" it's really not a huge crime. but i don't personally like flippers and i think it's a lame practice.

maybe "investment" wasn't the right term but it makes sense to me. hope i settled this issue for good. jesus.

most of you just have a completely different view on buying records than me. and that's absolutely fine, but you are condeming me for it and that really is unneccessary. i joined this site cause i've lurked it for a while and it's good for release news, unfortunately i obviously joined at a bad time and people consider me a "fanboy" now. if any of you actually knew me like, unfortunate name drop, the people at absolutepunk do, you'll know i'm this band's harshest critic. i used to love them but at this point i pretty much think they have become lazy and uninspired.

that being said, i love their first 3 records, and trying to get a copy of the first one on vinyl is in no way shape or form a crime. and i can't afford it, so by offering up something a lot of other people might want (as the devil and god is easily held as the better album) it was worth a shot. i'm dirt poor, i'm gonna have trouble affording a copy of this release with the blink and against me! releases coming up, so i considered flipping the gold.

no big deal.

even if i was a "flipper" it's really not a huge crime. but i don't personally like flippers and i think it's a lame practice.

maybe "investment" wasn't the right term but it makes sense to me. hope i settled this issue for good. jesus.

Devil and God < YFW