BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

lol at guy from absolute punk. how come nobody can ever just say the real reason they are selling the gold version? "uh i bought this with the sole purpose of flippin this shit. make me richer!" oh you just happened to buy a marble and a gold one and just now realized you dont really need both?

i've never flipped an album in my life. the devil and god is my favorite album of all time. i bought the gold because i had a chance to cause one of the few shows they were playing this summer came by me. sorry?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the manager ashley at our hottopic said they are definitely getting it in, she doesnt know how many but promises to hold me one even if its the only. looks like i'm set for a red and black swirl... thanks ashley! ;)

Just to warn you I think some of the Hot Topics that are just receiving these are getting the White Copies. I had one sent to my Hot Topic a couple of weeks ago and it was on White

lol at guy from absolute punk. how come nobody can ever just say the real reason they are selling the gold version? "uh i bought this with the sole purpose of flippin this shit. make me richer!" oh you just happened to buy a marble and a gold one and just now realized you dont really need both?

i've never flipped an album in my life. the devil and god is my favorite album of all time. i bought the gold because i had a chance to cause one of the few shows they were playing this summer came by me. sorry?

that seems reasonable

im calling bullshit on this. it reeks of it. never flipped a record in your life???? right now youre trying to flip a record you just bought for no more than $25 for damn near three tmes the cost. and summer???? its still spring genius. why buy it if you had no intention of keeping it? the fact that its your favorite album of all time, which is a big statement to make considering this album is less than 5 years old; is no excuse, reason or justification for buying a record just to flip. you basically screwed some kid out of one who truly wanted it.

Everyone bought this to flip.
Just found out that a friend of mine that doesn't even collect vinyl bought two copies to flip, so yeah. Take that for what it's worth haha.

Here's my outlook on flipping: Albums going out of print on vinyl is a fact of life. If you're not first in line to get record you want, you miss out. Period. Someone buying two copies of an album and flipping one to recoup his expenses on both? I call that smart business. Buying a bunch of records and flipping them all? Kind of lame, but it's still gonna happen. So can we all just get over it?

Just my opinion.

im calling bullshit on this. it reeks of it. never flipped a record in your life???? right now youre trying to flip a record you just bought for no more than $25 for damn near three tmes the cost. and summer???? its still spring genius. why buy it if you had no intention of keeping it? the fact that its your favorite album of all time, which is a big statement to make considering this album is less than 5 years old; is no excuse, reason or justification for buying a record just to flip. you basically screwed some kid out of one who truly wanted it.

you could honestly not be more wrong if you took a shit on a piece of paper, took a picture of it, and said "here, look, this proves your argument as bullshit."

go away. you just made a mockery of yourself. i decided against flipping it cause i'm happy i have it. screw you, you're wrong, quit jumping to conclusions. thank you, have a goo dnight.

you could honestly not be more wrong if you took a shit on a piece of paper, took a picture of it, and said "here, look, this proves your argument as bullshit."

go away. you just made a mockery of yourself. i decided against flipping it cause i'm happy i have it. screw you, you're wrong, quit jumping to conclusions. thank you, have a goo dnight.

[image]

[image]

[image]

The only reason anybody would care about "market saturation" or making an "investment" in records is someone holding onto the commodity long enough to sell it for it's highest fetching value. You obviously have a piss poor understanding of economics and an even worse appreciation for music as an art and as a product. You weren't "conned" into buying all those copies of the Triple Crown/band press. You were blinded by greed and by the potential of reselling for 500%+ of the original price, despite the known fact that RJ and Academy Fight Song was going to press this well before the band pressing came out. Sure, this might be a confusing record release, but this isn't a "piss poor way to release a record". As Travis said - why does everyone get all upset when a band presses a record that people like, with enough copies for a large amount of people to have? If you're looking to invest in something worthwhile, man up and gamble on gold (Note: not the piss colored excuse of a "tour press" for TDAGARIM).

I'm normally not one to judge someone's method of collecting records or their collection itself, but your dis-appreciation for the product itself proves you're nothing more than someone looking to bank on the rarity or exclusiveness of it all. I don't argue against most flippers, because we all know they're going to persist. But you're a rare sort who feels entitled enough to complain and whine when you can't sell your precious investments to kids who missed out on the records thanks to your greed. Enjoy the trend and hype of "vinyl" while you can, as the market will eventually buckle under its own weight and the business dies down. Those that really care about producing music and those of us that care about listening to it will be the ones left in the end. I imagine you'll just move to the next hyped format when that time comes.

This is probably the most I've ever written on this board. But you're an annoying, entitled fuck who deserved my wasted time.

The only reason anybody would care about "market saturation" or making an "investment" in records is someone holding onto the commodity long enough to sell it for it's highest fetching value. You obviously have a piss poor understanding of economics and an even worse appreciation for music as an art and as a product. You weren't "conned" into buying all those copies of the Triple Crown/band press. You were blinded by greed and by the potential of reselling for 500%+ of the original price, despite the known fact that RJ and Academy Fight Song was going to press this well before the band pressing came out. Sure, this might be a confusing record release, but this isn't a "piss poor way to release a record". As Travis said - why does everyone get all upset when a band presses a record that people like, with enough copies for a large amount of people to have? If you're looking to invest in something worthwhile, man up and gamble on gold (Note: not the piss colored excuse of a "tour press" for TDAGARIM).

I'm normally not one to judge someone's method of collecting records or their collection itself, but your dis-appreciation for the product itself proves you're nothing more than someone looking to bank on the rarity or exclusiveness of it all. I don't argue against most flippers, because we all know they're going to persist. But you're a rare sort who feels entitled enough to complain and whine when you can't sell your precious investments to kids who missed out on the records thanks to your greed. Enjoy the trend and hype of "vinyl" while you can, as the market will eventually buckle under its own weight and the business dies down. Those that really care about producing music and those of us that care about listening to it will be the ones left in the end. I imagine you'll just move to the next hyped format when that time comes.

This is probably the most I've ever written on this board. But you're an annoying, entitled fuck who deserved my wasted time.

Dude, you fucking owned that guy. +1

[image]

[image]

[image]

you are honestly so far off the mark man. i don't know if theres a way you could be more wrong abuot my intentions. first of all, i've been buying records, not "vinyl," for about 4 years now, well before the "hype" set in on them. my collection is a testament to that as to the release dates of some of the stuff i have.

and you are still missing the point that i have never ever flipped a record in my life. buying something as an investment DOES NOT mean you are just trying to make money off of it. sometimes it's nice to have something becuase you know it's special. kinda like as a little kid in middle school when everybody wanted the fucking holographic charizard. did they want it cause it was the best card? ehh....they wanted it cause it was rare and it was a cool thing to have.

i bought the gold copy becuase i had a chance to and it was a rare find. in my eyes, i bought it as an "investment" but not with the intentions to sell it.

seriously, quit assuming so god damn much.

rather than quote that ungodly long post i will take this route. not trying to make money off something you admittedly bought as an investment? do you know what the definition of investment is flipper? or are you really that stupid and dense?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/investment

quit trying to defend yourself. you got caught red handed and theres no turning back now. if you want to sell it, fine, just put it on ebay with a 99 cent starting bid with no reserve. dont offer it up for sale on other message boards for $70 and then say youre not a flipper and never flipped a record in your life. keep piling on the bullshit, eventually it will be so high you might be head and shoulders above everyone else. might.

buying something as an investment DOES NOT mean you are just trying to make money off of it.

Actually, that's the very definition of "investment."

By attempting to trade it for a copy of Your Favorite Weapon, despite the "I know it's a long shot" disclaimer, you were in essence attempting to get several hundred dollars for it, as that's what YFW is worth. I personally don't have a problem with that whatsoever; if someone thought that was a fair trade, good for both of you. I wouldn't judge you for putting it on eBay either; it's not someone's inalienable human right to have any given color variant of a record for cheap (though that would rule!).

But it is what it is. You weren't "conned," the band didn't "throw dirt in your face," and you're not a martyr.

When did records become investments? Who looks at a piece of music (that really doesn't even belong to you) and sees it as a good with future potential gain? The market for retail goods isn't stable enough for anyone to "invest" in them. It's a relatively quick turn around and that's what flippers target. Music is an art, meant to be enjoyed and appreciated and only in the last ~100 years, distributed.

Spending as much time as you are defending your "investments" on the internet to a bunch of screen names only makes you more guilty. What are you trying to prove? At the end of the day you have three copies of a single vinyl record, procured as an "investment" in a grossly fluctuating market. A creative license turned into a physical manifestation. An "investment" that will only ever be worth what you imagine it to be.

Do tell us, what ARE you investing in?

[image]

[image]

[image]

you are honestly so far off the mark man. i don't know if theres a way you could be more wrong abuot my intentions. first of all, i've been buying records, not "vinyl," for about 4 years now, well before the "hype" set in on them. my collection is a testament to that as to the release dates of some of the stuff i have.

and you are still missing the point that i have never ever flipped a record in my life. buying something as an investment DOES NOT mean you are just trying to make money off of it. sometimes it's nice to have something becuase you know it's special. kinda like as a little kid in middle school when everybody wanted the fucking holographic charizard. did they want it cause it was the best card? ehh....they wanted it cause it was rare and it was a cool thing to have.

i bought the gold copy becuase i had a chance to and it was a rare find. in my eyes, i bought it as an "investment" but not with the intentions to sell it.

I can KIND of see what you mean. Just wanting to have something of value. I get that but I would just quit while you are ahead

ahahahahahahaha.

[image]

what i think dude doesn't understand is that, by his definition of 'investment' (which is completely off base and incorrect), his record hasn't gone down in value. there are still only 'x' number of gold copies of the record. it is still equally as 'rare', or 'special' as it was before. the only way that would change is if they produced more of said gold tour editions.