make alcohol from juice with these packets

The $10 'Spike your Juice' kit

http://www.spikeyourjuice.com/

1. Pick your juice (minimum sugar of 20g/serving, no pre-refrigerated juices, no artificially sweetened juices, no unfiltered juices)

2. Spike your juice (pour packet into juice)

3. Seal with included Airlock

After 48 hrs start sampling

* If satisfied, close bottle with Rubber Stopper, refrigerate and enjoy

* for a stronger and dryer taste with increased alcohol content, re-seal with Airlock and Rubber Stopper and continue storing at room temperature until satisfied

Anyone know if this thing works at alll. seems sketchy but if it does it would be real badass!

I was interested in exactly what this was so I read pretty much the whole site. I also figured it couldn't just yeast because that would make such an unappealing product that no one would drink it/no one would buy it. So:

Ingredients: Our proprietary yeast blend,

organic evaporated cane juice, emulsifier

I'm not surprised really, but at least it does contain more than just yeast. Kind of cool though, it's inspired by a European beverage made with fresh pressed grape juice and yeast. As far as value goes, it's an excellent price. For $10 + about $4 for a large bottle of juice you end up with 64 oz. of a drink that is about 2-3% higher abv than most wines. I still maintain minimal interest in trying it.