shaving tips

Don't rinse the hair off the blade between strokes. Instead run the dull side of the blade against your arm hair. This cleans off the blade, which rinsing doesn't do, and provides a basic sharpening affect to keep your shave consistent. Seriously. This will do wonders for your shave.

+1

I tried it today, incredible.

Don't rinse the hair off the blade between strokes. Instead run the dull side of the blade against your arm hair. This cleans off the blade, which rinsing doesn't do, and provides a basic sharpening affect to keep your shave consistent. Seriously. This will do wonders for your shave.

This is a clutch tip too! I've been doing this recently and it helps a ton! I only shave my neck, but it makes the razors last so much longer.

I do a dry shave, no shaving cream and that helps me too. My skin is super sensitive, but the shaving cream just makes things worse.

I love that article. I recently ditched my fusion for a Safety razor.. & my face has never been smoother. Also it's soo much cheaper than having to buy those cartridges that only lasted me about a week.

Also check out this page:

http://shaveblog.com/?p=185

I rarely shave, but when I do, I use a Mach 3 razor that I've had since senior year of high school. I think I've replaced the blade once or twice in that 7 year span. Granted, I don't clean shave THAT much, but that thing is dull as fuck.

The biggest reason I stopped shaving is because for some stupid reason my beard goes down my neck fairly far, and I have an enormous Adam's apple, so there's way too many curves in there to get a good healthy smooth shave.