I had a show last night for Anberlin

that band is really nice. but the point of this thread is to talk about the opening band, terrible things. so were all set, doors opened at 6 PM with Terrible Things going on at 7 PM. They were walking on stage and picking up their instruments, turning the amps on, and as they turned around and went to say "were terrible things" (or whatever they say to start their set), the power goes out. I ran over to check the breakers, nothing was tripped. walked outside and the cop who we have patrolling the parking lot came up and said the entire town was out of power. A transformer down a few miles towards the college just caught on fire and took out power in the entire town. so what do you do? kids were asking for their money back, I had to say no, I was still under contract and am in the process of buying a house, so I couldn't afford to take a loss (fuck my life, right?)... so around 7:45'ish, with the power still out, Andy and Fred from Terrible Things bring out their guitars out front of the venue and play for 25 minutes or so to keep the kids around. probably 250'ish kids crammed around the front of the venue and listened to two guys they've never heard of before play some songs, it was awesome! Because of them doing that, we were able to delay the show enough for the power to come back on, so the premadonna's in Story Of the Year wouldn't have to do the similar set, so they could play on a stage they talked all kinds of shit on earlier... fuck that band hard. anberlin, the guys I got to meet, were fucking nice as hell, but fuck story of the year. here's a picture from the set outside, there were probably 25% more kids behind me/to my side, it was really really cool. a lot of kids left, but i still hadz their moneizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[image]

wait...so you were going to keep the kids' money even if the entire show got cancelled? just because you need to buy a house? That's ridiculous.

Since you can't read...

The show was not cancelled and was never going to be cancelled. The bands all agreed to play acoustic sets if the power never came back on, meaning they were fulfilling their part of the contract so no refunds were being given. Had they not played, I'd still have to pay them, and seeing as how I'm buying a house, that would have been tight in my bank account. But the power did come back on and soty and anberlin played full sets and everyone was happy.

Nice try in spinning what I said though, I only made this thread because fred and andy were amazing acoustic and super nice about everything, a band everyone should check out and support if they can. They help kept kids happy while we sat with no power for over and hour or so.

So go fuck yourself

wait...so you were going to keep the kids' money even if the entire show got cancelled? just because you need to buy a house? That's ridiculous.

Since you can't read...

The show was not cancelled and was never going to be cancelled. The bands all agreed to play acoustic sets if the power never came back on, meaning they were fulfilling their part of the contract so no refunds were being given. Had they not played, I'd still have to pay them, and seeing as how I'm buying a house, that would have been tight in my bank account. But the power did come back on and soty and anberlin played full sets and everyone was happy.

Nice try in spinning what I said though, I only made this thread because fred and andy were amazing acoustic and super nice about everything, a band everyone should check out and support if they can. They help kept kids happy while we sat with no power for over and hour or so.

So go fuck yourself

Aug 10, 2009, 8:25am, cj wrote:

great way to promote shows. be a complete asshat for no reason at all. i think that will really help you out moving forward. keep it up shit head.

Fred Mascherino also had a fairly successful side project called The Color Fred after he was in TBS. Josh Eppard also used to play drums in Coheed And Cambria. This band has some good jams. Glad that the first thing I heard about them was a story about them being stand up guys.

Yeah I knew all that about the group, andy was in hot rod circuit too, but its erie, pa, I really can never tell what these kids know when it comes to bands. Not like a major market where those bands previously played, tbs is the only one to play erie and that was 7 years ago before fred was in the band, so its hard to gauge if previous ventures really had an affect on their turnout.

Kids were really receptive to them, and I am an asshat

Since you can't read...

So go fuck yourself

I didn't spin it; it was a hypothetical. IF the show was cancelled, you would have kept the kids money so you can spend the money personally. That is not right.

Thankfully, the bands were willing to perform and the power came back on. But IF that didn't happen, you keeping the kids' money would have been a poor and malicious way to handle it.

Since you can't read...

So go fuck yourself

haha, I don't think it's spinning what you said, that's the way I read it too, and was a little surprised.

luckily it didn't come down to that and everyone was happy in the end.

Since you can't read...

So go fuck yourself

I didn't spin it; it was a hypothetical. IF the show was cancelled, you would have kept the kids money so you can spend the money personally. That is not right.

Thankfully, the bands were willing to perform and the power came back on. But IF that didn't happen, you keeping the kids' money would have been a poor and malicious way to handle it.

where did I say I was going to spend the money personally? The money I had to back the garruntee is tied up in the house I am buying. The "fuck my life" part I said was because I would have been royally screwed had I been forced to give refunds to everyone. The show was never going to be cancelled, and if for some reason the bands refused to play acoustically, I STILL HAVE TO PAY THE BANDS. Even if I gave refunds, that money to pay the bands comes from my bank account. I am/was under contract to pay the bands no matter what happened. I was not pocketing any money, that money was going to the bands.

I am curious now, who here has been to a show that was cancelled after doors were opened and got a refund of the money they paid?

Andy Jackson is the fucking man. Hot Rod Circuit is the greatest stoner pop punk band ever. Andy played up here with Death in the Park, a show we got put on, and ended up doing a "Hot Rod Reunion," but it was acoustic. He did this for two night and it is hands down one of the better shows I have ever got the chance to play in.

Stephen from Anberlin married one of my best friends from college. Whether or not I like what his band is doing at the time, he will always be backed. One of the nicest guys I have the pleasure of knowing. His band mates are nice as hell too.

yeah, everyone from anberlin, band and crew, were super nice. well, everyone I met at least.

I was at this show and I can agree...FUCK STORY OF THE YEAR.

Terrible Things are solid dudes and the Anberlin set was excellent. This show could've been a disaster but due to decent dudes and a new transformer, the show went on.

Mike, good luck with the house brother. I just got done mowing my yard after fixing a leaky gasket in my upstairs bathroom...oh, the joys of owning a home.

mike was that show at the christian coffee house or some shit. if i remember correctly i went to see taking back sunday and punchline there years ago. also tried seeing monday in london but that shit was cancelled.

yep! that TBS/Punchline show was my 21st birthday show, the stryder played too! that show was offf theeeee hooooooooooooooook

mike was that show at the christian coffee house or some shit. if i remember correctly i went to see taking back sunday and punchline there years ago. also tried seeing monday in london but that shit was cancelled.

yep! that TBS/Punchline show was my 21st birthday show, the stryder played too! that show was offf theeeee hooooooooooooooook

fuck yeah totally forgot about stryder. thats where i picked up the hits just keep on coming.

it was funny cuz my wife, well plaything at the time, was like how do you know all the words. there were maybe a handful of kids that were singing. definately a fun time.