Mitchell Reports

gibby6385

Grimsley already admitted to it quite a while ago.

I'll go with Aaron Rowand. Signed a new deal with the Giants on Wednesday. The guy went apeshit last season, hit 27 homers or so. Plus he must've been juiced running into that wall headfirst in Philly.

And I could be very wrong. After all, it was a contract year.

I say yes on Sosa, Bonds (shocker), Rafael Palmeiro.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7558564?MSNHPHMA

This writer is a douchebag. He's acting like none of this is relevent, that "we've moved on from 'roids" as if none of this matters. Fuck this asshat. If this means that some potential Hall of Famers won't get in because they were on steroids then GOOD. These guys cheated, plain and simple. Bonds might have the record, but he's a classless, lying cheat and he certainly has NO place in the HOF next to Aaron, Ruth, Mays, Mantle and the rest.

none of those names are shocking. all the reports are saying 60 - 80 names will be reported. Its going to be interesting at 1 PM to see what names are listed, what actions MLB will take on those players and how teams will react towards those players after signing them to major contracts. the 40 - 50 players we DONT know about is what im really curious about, fingers crossed that none of my brewers are on that list...

He's a former Senate majority leader and sits on the board for the Red Sox. He had a lot to do with the MLB steroid investigations. Today he's supposed to announce a list of players confirmed to have been taking steroids. The list is supposed to be anywhere from 50 to 80 names of past and current players.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to say, his name is George Mitchell and he's holding a press conference at 2 p.m. (eastern, I think).

One of my best friends works for a company like GNC but a little more hardcore and I recently broke my tibia platauo? with grade 2 sprains on my PCL, ACL, so I went to him to get some legal help (mostly protien) for my one leg which is not half the size of the other (my life revolves around sports). We started to talk about this report and he was telling me you can't imagine how many high school, college, pro athletes do steriods in one form or another. He put it me this way, certain steriods are a mixutre of shit (A+ B+C). He told me he could cycle me on A then B then C all legally and it would take a longer but I could get some similar effects. Of course I said no, but he made it clear how many people may not technically be on steriods but what they do is the same thing.

Bonds

Palmeiro

Giambi

Sheffield

Clemens

Pettite

McGwire

Canseco

Caminiti

Brady Anderson

Tejada

Luis Gonzalez

Beltre

Albert Belle

Ron Gant

Julio Franco

Rickey Henderson

Bonilla

Brett Boone

Robin Ventura

Glaus

Gary Matthews, Jr.

Jerry Hairston

Ankiel

Grimsley

Byrd

Dysktra

Those are my "shoe-in" guesses... (obviously some have been named already)

I'm just interested to see how Mitchell handles Red Sox players, seeing as how he's an Advisor to the team. Big Papi kind of came out of obscurity in Minnesota... just saying.

Edit: Forgot a couple of others that have already been named.

Bonds

Palmeiro

Giambi

Sheffield

Clemens

Pettite

McGuire

Canseco

Caminiti

Brady Anderson

Tejada

Luis Gonzalez

Beltre

Albert Belle

Ron Gant

Julio Franco

Rickey Henderson

Bonilla

Robin Ventura

I'm just interested to see how Mitchell handles Red Sox players, seeing as how he's an Advisor to the team. Big Papi kind of came out of obscurity in Minnesota... just saying.

i'm not trying to defend any of the red sox (you're talking to a life long die hard BUT LOGICAL yankees fan), but the hitting instructor in minnesota was shit. he did nothing to coach ortiz on how to make the most out of his swing. being in boston changed all that.

Bonds

Palmeiro

Giambi

Sheffield

Clemens

Pettite

McGuire

Canseco

Caminiti

Brady Anderson

Tejada

Luis Gonzalez

Beltre

Albert Belle

Ron Gant

Julio Franco

Rickey Henderson

Bonilla

Robin Ventura

i'm not trying to defend any of the red sox (you're talking to a life long die hard BUT LOGICAL yankees fan), but the hitting instructor in minnesota was shit. he did nothing to coach ortiz on how to make the most out of his swing. being in boston changed all that.

Agreed. However...

His first "full" year was 2000. Here's HR, RBI and SLG totals from then on:

MIN

2000 - 10 HR / 63 RBI / .446 SLG

2001 - 18 HR/ 48 RBI / .475 SLG

2002 - 25 HR / 75 RBI / .500 SLG

BOS

2003 - 31 HR / 101 RBI / .592 SLG

2004 - 41 HR / 139 RBI / .603 SLG

2005 - 47 HR / 148 RBI / .604 SLG

2006 - 54 HR / 137 RBI / .636 SLG

2007 - 35 HR / 117 RBI / .621 SLG

Pretty drastic jumps. Granted, he was hitting ahead of Manny so he saw better pitches, but still seems iffy at best.

EDIT: Looking back it seems as if he did show flashes of power in the Minors, so it's a distinct possibility that he just hit his stride in Boston. I guess my point is I wouldn't be surprised if he was named, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't.

There have been far more drastic jumps in production out there, that's for sure.