Baizley - MORPHINE HAWK print avail Thu 6/10

[image]

[image]

[image]

Burlesque will be adding the following item to our online store this Thursday, June 10 at 2:00pm Central time

MORPHINE HAWK

Here's a brand new print designed by the great John Dyer Baizley. Previously only available at live Baroness shows, this print will now be available through the BRLSQ online store. This is a signed and numbered edition of 200, but we have VERY few copies at our disposal.

18 x 24"

4 color screenprint on French paper

$30 + $5 shipping in the US / $10 international

http://burlesquedesign.com/store.htm

I'd buy this if it didn't say Baroness on it.

everyone says that. the text doesnt bother me but this is an easy pass for me just because i dont think the image is all that strong compared to his other work.

lets face it, baizley's work would probably be better served as giclees. i know, i know -- it takes away the by-hand process but his use of color on album art, etc. is mindblowingly awesome. goes without saying the dude can draw really detailed images, but his use of color is my favorite part of what he does.

his screenprints have been less and less appealing to me for awhile (maybe its because he's printed the same images in a bagillion different color ways?). id rather see one edition color in a much larger run vs. 10 different color ways (some of which are absolutely hideous) in smaller runs.

I'd buy this if it didn't say Baroness on it.

everyone says that. the text doesnt bother me but this is an easy pass for me just because i dont think the image is all that strong compared to his other work.

lets face it, baizley's work would probably be better served as giclees. i know, i know -- it takes away the by-hand process but his use of color on album art, etc. is mindblowingly awesome. goes without saying the dude can draw really detailed images, but his use of color is my favorite part of what he does.

his screenprints have been less and less appealing to me for awhile (maybe its because he's printed the same images in a bagillion different color ways?). id rather see one edition color in a much larger run vs. 10 different color ways (some of which are absolutely hideous) in smaller runs.

this is exactly why i'm not a fan of the prints because the name of the band is on them. i love the prints, i love the band, but not both. I'm a bigger fan of just the actual black and white prints.

JUAN, did you wind up getting a print? I hope you did..