I didn't pass Spanish... FUCK!

kyle

I just found out I didn't pass Spanish 3. I needed to get at least a C- and I got a D+. I have to pass Spanish 4 before I can graduate and in order to do that I have to pass Spanish 3 (as a side note, I go to UC Riverside, and we're on the quarter system, so taking Spanish 1-4 is equivalent to two semsters of Spanish, its not 4 years, or even 2 years as some people might assume).

Anyways, what makes this suck the most is based on my grades, I had a C. However, they take points off based on attendance. There is a sign in sheet before each class and if you're not in the door at exactly 7:10AM (when the class started) you could not sign in and lost 5 points. There were many times where I would walk in 30 seconds after 7:10 or 7:11 and I was screwed. I wound up losing 50 points or so due to my own inability to get there at 7:09 and the two absences I took because of my trip to the Fest.

This fucking sucks. The only bright side is I saved most of my work from this quarter and I'm taking it again with the same instructor, so I'm not going to have to do as much shit as before.

It is a requirement for ANY student in the UC system to pass the quarter 4 equivalent of a foreign language. It is possible to test into any level of any foreign language, so if you took French in HS and you're good at it and you test into French 4 then that is the only language you will need to take. You can also test out of your foreign language requirement.

I really don't mean to come off as a dickhead here, but I really can't find it in myself to being sympathetic towards someone who messed up due to the inability to be on time. It's a correctable habit.. if it happens here or there ok, everyone has a bad morning or something. But you then take the proper steps to make sure you are ready a few minutes earlier next time. It's just time management, a key to going to college.

I really don't mean to come off as a dickhead here, but I really can't find it in myself to being sympathetic towards someone who messed up due to the inability to be on time. It's a correctable habit.. if it happens here or there ok, everyone has a bad morning or something. But you then take the proper steps to make sure you are ready a few minutes earlier next time. It's just time management, a key to going to college.

I agree totally, but at the same sense i know where he is coming from in a way...

To get ma AS degree, the school i went to required 4 semesters of a foreign language. I failed Spanish 3, 3 times. Once i graduated from that school and transfered to where i got my BA, they had changed it only 2 semesters of a foreign language...needless to say i was pissed at the time

Wow, did you figure all that out by yourself? I never said to feel sorry for me, I never said that my teacher sucks, and I never said it was anybody's fault but my own. I said that the worst part about it was my own inability to get there on time. I take responsiblity for this, I just posted this to vent.

I took 4 years in high school (well, 3 in HS, 2 in junior high that counted as 1 in HS) and then when I was an undergrad I actually took a year of Japanese. Needless to say, I remember a lot more Spanish than Japanese. That shit is beyond complicated. At least Spanish uses letters and not characters.