Moving...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever seen a laser disc before. What do you play them with, a special LD player?

Yea, they're big and bulky and sound like a jet engine. My girl's uncle was really into electronics and he had a nice collection and a player. He passed away and all of it was collecting dust and since we had been seeing a ton of great laserdiscs at some places by us, we asked her if she wanted to get rid of it and she said yea.

I don't think I've ever seen a laser disc before. What do you play them with, a special LD player?

Yea, they're big and bulky and sound like a jet engine. My girl's uncle was really into electronics and he had a nice collection and a player. He passed away and all of it was collecting dust and since we had been seeing a ton of great laserdiscs at some places by us, we asked her if she wanted to get rid of it and she said yea.

just curious, do all of your LDs still work? most of my LDs suffered from laser rot and the LD player can no longer read them. i know it's not the player because it reads CDs just fine.

it sucks because i have a bunch of Japanese import concert videos that haven't been reissued on DVD that i'd like to convert to DVD. i even have the orignal Decline of Western Civilization LD that i want to have on DVD.

I've never had an issue with mine, but mine are all fairly new (in terms of LDs). The issues with the glue/laser rot were largely in older LDs.

(Also, I assume you meant it's NOT the player? ;) )

interesting. i don't think my LDs are too old. the oldest one i have was probably from the late 80s while the newest one is probably from 1996-ish. oh well. i won't be getting rid of them just because they haven't been reissued on DVD yet.

The cool thing about Laser Discs is they have uncompressed audio! Better than Blu-ray even in most cases!

Really? Ha, that's neat.

I've never had an issue with mine, but mine are all fairly new (in terms of LDs). The issues with the glue/laser rot were largely in older LDs.

(Also, I assume you meant it's NOT the player? ;) )

interesting. i don't think my LDs are too old. the oldest one i have was probably from the late 80s while the newest one is probably from 1996-ish. oh well. i won't be getting rid of them just because they haven't been reissued on DVD yet.

I've never had any not play. I've never heard of that. Weird.

im moving to the netherlands from virginia at the end of the year, and im afraid the cost to move all my records will be wayyyy too much, so i think im gonna have to sell almost all of em :(

Why the move?

start my life, somewhere new and challenging. and why not? its europe. im tired of virginia, and ive given it enough of my life. im ready to GTFO. specially since i came here from australia. it sucks here.

i just wish i didnt have to sell almost all of my records, its gonna be fucking hard letting go.