New Year's Eve...

jhulud

We have a few fireworks displays in town...it's usually more geared towards the kids and whatnot. As far as my neighborhood goes, the regular hooligans and delinquents-in-training have their go at it with the fireworks...thankfully nothing bad enough and major that requires calling the fire department...

One year though (a long tim ago), my brother and I got the bright idea of sticking an M-80 in our mailbox...needless to say it got blown up to high hell...we laughed our asses off for hours on that one...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staying home, no hard partying here...(i have two little kids)

Eating some good food, drinking some cheap champagne and watching the fireworks.

All the kids are allready going nuts with the fireworks, battling each other, lighting trashcans on fire, putting firecrackers in mailboxes, etc....I already called the fire dept twice.....

do you guys do fireworks? over here only on new years (except for professional stuff)

the ski mountain does. but nothing in town.

I got invited to a couple of parties but being that it requires driving to get there...and I am not too keen on doing so tonight...I may end up passing on both of them.

I'll be lame and stay home and hang out with my friend Sam Adams...again...

Dont know if this is available in your area but i plan on getting hammered and calling them to tow my ass home for free. FOund out about this last night.

http://www.aaasouth.com/acs_news/tow_to_go.asp

2008 Holiday Schedule & Fact Sheet

A Partnership Between AAA Auto Club South & Budweiser

A program offering Members and Nonmembers, a confidential free-ride home and tow of their vehicle in order to avoid a potential drunk-driving situation.

Since its inception in 1998, "Tow to Go" has safely removed more than 7,000 potentially drunk drivers from the roads

Call 1-800-AAA-HELP -- the call will be directed to a ERS Call Center, depending on where the call originates

The AAA call taker knows to dispatch a contractor participating in the program (contractors have already agreed to be a part of the program)

The AAA contractor arrives at the vehicle and takes the vehicle and the driver safely home, free of charge to the motorist

Holidays Dates Days Covered

Super Bowl Weekend

St. Patrick's Day

Cinco de Mayo

Memorial Day Weekend

Independence Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend

Halloween

Thanksgiving - New Year's Day

February 3rd (Sunday)

March 17th (Monday)

May 5th (Monday)

May 26th (Monday)

July 4th (Friday)

September 1st (Monday)

October 31st (Friday)

November 27th (Thursday)

Weekend: February 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Weekend: March 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th

Weekend: May 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Weekend: May 23 rd, 24th, 25th, 26th

Weekend: July 4th, 5th, 6th

Weekend: August 29th, 30th, 31st - September 1st

Weekday: October 31st - November 1st

Weeks: November 27th - January 1st

Program History AAA Auto Club South and Gold Coast Eagle Distributors, Inc. teamed up in Sarasota county to offer the Two to Go program between Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve in the Sarasota area in 1998.

Purpose This program is designed to protect both the intoxicated driver and the motoring public from avoidable car crashes.

2006 Call Volume In 2006, AAA Auto Club South received 1,009 calls (12.8% higher than in 2005). Since the program's inception, over 7,000 intoxicated drivers have decided to use Tow to Go vs. getting behind the wheel when their sobriety was in question.

Coverage Areas Two to Go program is available throughout Florida and in Metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Metro Nashville (although if anyone calls AAA needing a ride home outside of those areas, they will not be turned away).

Thank god we don't do that, that'd be annoying as hell. I work until midnight, then have no plans.

Guest baseball

every year that passes post-college partying seems less interesting

just going to hang out with my girlfriend and our dog, drink champagne, smoke up, and listen to records to bring in the new year 8-)

Guest falloutcollapse

Man I have to go to my dad's friend's house and they have this song who's my age, but all he likes are sports and beer. And I don't like either. I could be with my girlfriend but my parents suck

every year that passes post-college partying seems less interesting

just going to hang out with my girlfriend and our dog, drink champagne, smoke up, and listen to records to bring in the new year 8-)

This is me and my gf exactly except the Champagne part. But since i found that AAA will haul my drunk ass around for free i think we are going out for a few hours to socialize since we dont leave the house much these days.

there's a house show but i have no idea whether or not i'll be able to go. need to find someone to go with cuz i sure as heck am not going alone. if that doesn't work out then i may go to a friends house or something. and if all else fails.....nothing!