Kid Dynamite 2xLP leftovers going up today

I'd like to see labels start attaching which #'d copies of records went to who, so they could tell what people were solely flipping records and either stop them from ordering multiples or stop them from ordering completely. so that the actual people who genuinely want/appreciate the records wouldn't have to pay these ridiculous prices.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see labels start attaching which #'d copies of records went to who, so they could tell what people were solely flipping records and either stop them from ordering multiples or stop them from ordering completely. so that the actual people who genuinely want/appreciate the records wouldn't have to pay these ridiculous prices.

doesnt do you any good if they dont say what the number is. some people do when they list stuff for sale, some dont. it would also add additional processing time and man hours to shipping orders. not to mention, you would then need somebody to a. watch for listings, b. match the number to the person if they even said what number it was, and then c. figure out a way to reference said list of sellers against future orders. who would pay for this service? you will via the cost of your records which would go up because if it was already feasible for labels to do this with the staff they currently have, then they'd probably do it (assuming it was worthwhile to do it which it wouldnt be which is also why they dont).

pretty sure somebody who runs a label already posted in here and said they tried to license the rights to press these albums from jade tree and they said no because they were planning on doing it themselves. ill bet proper represses will be on the way.

doesnt do you any good if they dont say what the number is. some people do when they list stuff for sale, some dont. it would also add additional processing time and man hours to shipping orders. not to mention, you would then need somebody to a. watch for listings, b. match the number to the person if they even said what number it was, and then c. figure out a way to reference said list of sellers against future orders. who would pay for this service? you will via the cost of your records which would go up because if it was already feasible for labels to do this with the staff they currently have, then they'd probably do it (assuming it was worthwhile to do it which it wouldnt be which is also why they dont).

pretty sure somebody who runs a label already posted in here and said they tried to license the rights to press these albums from jade tree and they said no because they were planning on doing it themselves. ill bet proper represses will be on the way.

actually most auctions i see on ebay people usually list the number and if not anyone could ask. and most people's tradelists usually have the numbers listed as well. on top of that it really wouldnt take much more time to do that if orders were packaged in the order they were actually placed. although i do realize most labels don't actually do that. But if you have order confirmation numbers then those numbers have to coincide somehow to who placed their order when. Basically i'm just saying if things were packaged in the order they were recieved it would make tracking the numbers very simple. But either way I know its never gonna happen, it was just a thought.

Also i was the one who mentioned trying to license the albums to repress them. They said they werent sure if they were going to but it was something they had been discussing. I'm assuming the whole point of them doing these copies were to gauge the response for a repress and so kid dynamite had something special to sell at TIH.

"I want to limit what people can do with their property, but want to listen to a punk record"

Something's backwards here.

"I want to limit what people can do with their property, but want to listen to a punk record"

Something's backwards here.

actually its more that i'd like the people who genuinely appreciate the record to own these, rather than the people who are just trying to profit off of a punk record. i don't think thats so backwards.

if they couldn't buy them it wouldnt be their property, just saying.

so its better to just let people profit ridiculously off of it? i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying its shitty either way. But if i could choose id rather it work out better for the people who actually wanted to own this because they are a fan of the band and like to collect the albums, not the people who just wanted to make fast money off of everyone else.

If people are readily willing to shell out the cash for it, who are you to stop them? Quit being so self-righteous. It's a bummer, but it's not going to be stopped.

This. In the end, it will never be fair to anyone/everyone who is a "fan" because a limited record that goes up (unannounced/leftover type deals/hype bands) for sale in the states will likely sell out before most international buyers have a chance at it unless they are up at some ungodly time to buy it (if announced)...and vice versa.

This is where ebay comes into play. Unless you don't consider those outside of the western hemisphere "real fans/collectors of punk", you would have to agree that it kinda sucks to have to rely on ebay to get your hands on anything limited that sold out quickly.

*shrugs shoulders*

Supply and demand, it's a bitch sometimes.

The argument of someone deserving a record more than someone else has been made before. It's silly. Regardless of a buyer's intent, no one is more deserving of one than anyone else. If you can't handle it, stop buying records now, because you're going to be really disappointed at some point in time.

The argument of someone deserving a record more than someone else has been made before. It's silly. Regardless of a buyer's intent, no one is more deserving of one than anyone else. If you can't handle it, stop buying records now, because you're going to be really disappointed at some point in time.

this! I love Hickey so much!

Same shit happened with Ronniethebear and the co-op and looked what happened.