NYC Mosque

Americans are too fast to judge and act wrong. I do have some American friends and I just dont get their behavior from time to time. But I am not a fan of this political "wise German vs dumb American" game either....... I talk as a human being and I would say EXACTLY the same if this would happen anywhere else in the world. I think building up this center and telling people about the real Islam would break some barriers. People who are raised as a christian would better shut their mouth anyway ( I include myself...) because I would consider their religion as "modern" compared to that christian shit.

What is the deal with these "double morals" If I am right the muslims have the right to prey at their work in America? If that is right it makes absolutely no sense to fight the choice of creating this center!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less Than Jake recently did a boat show around NYC and they asked the crowd at one point how everyone felt about it. The overwhelming majority was booing... Bummed me out. I also didn't know, and was shocked to find out, that LTJ fans had become college jock-types, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm glad I wasn't the only other person there who wasn't bothered by this.

Didn't Chris call out a few people during the show saying "you were the jocks in high school that wouldn't talk to me"

Also, back everything in this thread thus far.

Of course it's legal to build a mosque near Ground Zero but that doesn't make it right. Did you know the builder is accepting money from Saudi Arabia and Iran? Or that Imam Wahaj put blame on the US for 9/11 two weeks after it happened? Yes, don't blame the terrorists that killed 3,000 innocent people. Would it be cool if the Japanese built a temple at Pearl Harbor in the 50s? Just because they have the right to do it doesn't make it right.

I think it's telling that 63% of New Yorkers oppose the mosque while only 27% support it. This isn't a question of if it's against the law. More than half the people who oppose it acknowledge that the builders have the right but would not like to see it built.

Of course it's legal to build a mosque near Ground Zero but that doesn't make it right. Did you know the builder is accepting money from Saudi Arabia and Iran? Or that Imam Wahaj put blame on the US for 9/11 two weeks after it happened? Yes, don't blame the terrorists that killed 3,000 innocent people. Would it be cool if the Japanese built a temple at Pearl Harbor in the 50s? Just because they have the right to do it doesn't make it right.

I think it's telling that 63% of New Yorkers oppose the mosque while only 27% support it. This isn't a question of if it's against the law. More than half the people who oppose it acknowledge that the builders have the right but would not like to see it built.

the whole pearl harbor analogy people are bringing up is absolutely asinine and illogical.

the country of japan and its military launched an organized attack against the US. 9/11 was a handful of rogue extremists who twisted islam around and perverted its teachings to meet their own needs. in no way, shape, or form did the nation of islam as a whole declare organized warfare on the US.

please, tell me how those two events are even remotely the same things.

Is anyone bitching about the mosque that's already built inside the Pentagon? No. How about we focus on what's really behind all this smoke & mirrors bullshit: the GOP denying extended health care to 9/11 first responders. Many are suffering from debilitating effects nearly a decade later. And they're not only being denied the care that they need and deserve, but are being put on the back burner with this ridiculous cover up story.

Looks like someone listens to Sean Hannity.

Seriously, working a job where I have to listen to talk radio all day raises my blood pressure, but it also makes it sooooooo easy to call out lazy assholes who just regurgitate whatever the talking heads tell them.

Also:

More than half the people who oppose it acknowledge that the builders have the right but would not like to see it built.

So half the people who oppose it don't even think they should have the right to? Fuck. That. Bullshit.

Would it be cool if the Japanese built a temple at Pearl Harbor in the 50s?

the whole pearl harbor analogy people are bringing up is absolutely asinine and illogical.

Yes, the correct analogy to that Pearl Harbor example would be if al Qaeda built a temple at Ground Zero. That is not what is happening here.

Also, there is indeed a mosque that is part of the community center being proposed, so the statement, "it's not a mosque" is not really correct.

agree everything said in terms of why the hell not let them build it? recent surveys put the american muslim population anywhere between 2 milliion and 7 million (i know. thats a wide gap. based on different surveys/estimations. not my numbers). how are these people any less american than the rest? and why should they not have the same rights as any other americans?

I just wrote the equivalent of a 2 page paper on the hyper-condensed general sociology of the Middle East and how it relates to modern terrorism for a facebook discussion on this. Somebody better read it...

I am such a nerd... although it reinforces the fact that I chose the correct profession (Social Studies teacher).

Seriously, working a job where I have to listen to talk radio all day raises my blood pressure, but it also makes it sooooooo easy to call out lazy assholes who just regurgitate whatever the talking heads tell them.

Hmmmmmmmm...the second Talking Heads album was called "More Songs About Buildings and Food".......... :o

Looks like someone listens to Sean Hannity.

Also:

More than half the people who oppose it acknowledge that the builders have the right but would not like to see it built.

So half the people who oppose it don't even think they should have the right to? Fuck. That. Bullshit.

You can't get 100% of America to agree on anything.

Here's an analogy for you. Say there was a group of rogue Target employees that got together because they hated Americans and and caused all sorts of violence. Then they blew up a building and killed 3,000 Americans. Would anyone want them to build a Target down the street from this destroyed building? And oh yeah, the money to build this new store partially comes from stores who harbor other rogue Target employees.

This is a ridiculous analogy but you get the point.

The leader of the group, who he takes money from, and the anti-American venom he imbues is what disgusts me the most.