My dog died today

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really sorry to hear this. :[

i honestly like my pets more than i like most people. i watched my cat we had my whole life be put to sleep when i was in 8th grade and it was really really rough. i bet he had a really great life and was lucky to have had you for an owner.

dude, my condolences. Sorry to hear that oakland.

i can wholeheartedly agree with alison. That's why i feel for people more when they lose their pets. A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. and with that in mind, it's hard when you lose something like that. Hence why i feel for people more when things like this happen.

But I'm glad to know she had a great life.

Sorry man, I've only lost 1 dog (I have 3 now and they are all healthy) but losing a dog sucks so much (Reason why I can never watch the "Jurassic Bark" episode of Futurama....one of the few things I can honestly say made me cry) I hope you plan on finally killing the mountain lion is his memory.

dude, my condolences. Sorry to hear that oakland.

i can wholeheartedly agree with alison. That's why i feel for people more when they lose their pets. A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than you love yourself. and with that in mind, it's hard when you lose something like that. Hence why i feel for people more when things like this happen.

But I'm glad to know she had a great life.

I used to say this all the time. I like dogs more than I like most people. But that changed when I had my daughter. I know it's cliche, but she completely changed my world view -- especially how I treat and empathize with other people. I come from a pretty rough place that also happens to have a very high cancer rate. The combination of drugs, cancer, murder and drug or alcohol-related car accidents has claimed more of my friends than one person should have to deal with outside of a war zone. Trust me when I tell you, there is nothing quite as horrible as attending you good friend's funeral with his little girl and wife there -- or watching a 20 year old succumb slowly to cancer.

So while I do still think a lot of people don't quite rank as high as my dog personally, I have a different view of that situation now. Life is precious. I'm not suggesting that anyone live in fear. Just try to appreciate what you've got while you have it. I'm doing my best to concentrate on the 14 years I had with my dog, all the fun things we did, all the nights she cuddled up on me for bed. How we listened to Warzone all the way home after we picked her up because I wanted her to get used to loud hardcore in the car. She was the best.

Sorry man, I've only lost 1 dog (I have 3 now and they are all healthy) but losing a dog sucks so much (Reason why I can never watch the "Jurassic Bark" episode of Futurama....one of the few things I can honestly say made me cry) I hope you plan on finally killing the mountain lion is his memory.

Loo

The government took all my guns away.