Linus: Unofficial VC Cat-llector of the Day!

SPECIAL CAT EDITION! BETTER THAN THE REGULAR EDITION!

(aka just accompanied by a cute cat picture! no frightening photos of nerdy dudes with beards in flannel!)

[image]

VC: Your name and the city you live in.

Linus, Chicago, IL.

VC: Do you catalog your records online? Where are they? Are you on the VC Message board? What is your username? Do you use Limited Pressing? What is your username?

I haven't started to put them online yet. I'm not on VC yet. I'm a newborn with a lot to catch up on.

VC: How many records do you own?

These two crates. Where do you live? I'll come over and sit and claim any crates you have too!

VC: How do you sort your records? How do you store your records?

Tastiest to less filling. I like a nice stock to chew on. I store them in these crates. The poly bags are good appetizer.

VC: Why do you collect vinyl?

It gives me some way to pass my day. You know other than perusing icanhascheezburger.com

VC: What was the first record you remember purchasing with your own money?

Ah...I'm still working on that whole "your own money" thing. Would you like to donate? Also I'm still learning to "scratch" records, that should bring some money, right?

VC: What is your most prized record in your collection?

Purr-Dance Hall Crashers. It's what got me into collecting. I mean look at that cover art! MEOW!

VC: What release would you like to see come out on vinyl that hasn’t yet been released?

"Meowy Christmas"- Jingle cats If you're not familiar... http://amzn.to/d4Ib0F

VC: What is the most you have spent for a record?

I traded a cat nip mouse, TWO laser pointers, and a bag of snacks for Built For Speed-Stray Cats

VC: What has been your greatest vinyl score (least amount of money spent for a valued record)?

Well I sat on these two crates and scored these records, that's good right?

VC: What record(s) have you regretted not buying? (Not one you should have ordered – but actually had in your hand at a record fair, seen in a shop, had in your shopping cart, but did not buy.)

Ah, That new NOFX LP set. I tried to convince them that catnip was legal tender in California, but I had no luck.

VC: What out of print record would you kill to own?

Jawbreaker-Unfun. (original pressing) I heard my grandma (or grandpa, not sure) was on the cover!

VC: What are your thoughts on color variants? Do you collect any artists in particular?

I'm totally color blind, so I don't care.

VC: Do you sell or trade records?

I squat and acquire.

VC: Do you have any good record stores in your home town? Which ones do you frequent?

HELL YEAH. I get around, but that whole no shirt, no shoes, no service thing gets me EVERY TIME.

VC: Your last 5 records that you purchased?

As previously stated, I sit and acquire, so these two crates.

(this edition of unofficial VC Vinyl Cat-llector of the Day has been brought to you by Linus's dad Andy (lechevre) and underwritten in part by Allison (A-Money!) and is in not in any way affiliated with the VC 'Collector of the Day' franchise.)