Bad Astronaut "Acrophobe" LP Pre-order / Pressing

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

While I have been talking about this for quite some time, I am very proud to say that the pressing for Bad Astronaut's "Acrophobe" is finally happening. The pre-order for this record will be on Thursday, September 2nd (sometime during the A.M.). I was really hoping to have them done in time for the Bad Astronaut shows in July, but unfortunately, that did not happen. I received the test pressings late last week and spent a lot of time with them over the weekend. The test pressings are approved and if all goes well, I will have finished records by the end of September. I will be sure to keep you posted.

The pressing info is as follows:

150 on transparent brown (whiskey coke colored vinyl, Vinyl Collective Exclusive)

250 on white vinyl (Hot Topic Exclusive Color)

300 on solid baby blue (light blue) (Joey Cape/Bad Astronaut exclusive color, available from Joey Cape)

300 on black vinyl (represses will be on black vinyl)

Before anyone freaks out about the exclusive colors and your ability or lack of ability to get each variant, I have worked it out with Joey and Hot Topic to offer 50 sets of all 4 colors through our store. But after those sets are sold out, the only way to get White is at Hot Topic and the only way to get Solid Baby Blue is from Joey Cape.

I will be offering a test pressing contest for all who pre-order the record. I am really honored to have something to do with this album. While I am planning on releasing the other Bad Astronaut records in the future, there is no timeline for when these will come out.

Pre-order will happen on Thursday, September 2nd, 2010 sometime in the A.M. (MST)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great Birthday present for myself!

Virgil, any specials on postage to Australia if you manage to get one of the 50 packages with all colours?

sure, it will be cheaper postage than if you normally bought 4 LPs from us. Probably do something like $23 for the 4 LP deal to Australia. Would offer a better rate but shipping to you is so damned pricey.

$23 is fine, damn fine actually! It will make life so much easier to get them all at once instead of trying to track them down and pay for multiple postage from different stores.

Well lock me in for a 4pack if you can? Otherwise I need to figure out the time difference?

Will probably pick this up at Hot topic since I don't think VC deserves $1

so in this imaginary world you live in, Hot Topic doesn't pay for records they get from me? If you don't think VC deserves $1.00, don't buy this record.

And since you are an expert in all things, imagine what happens if money is made on a record? it allows me to pay back some of the people I owe. People that have think I should just stop putting out records, guess what? I no longer have money coming in to contribute towards my debt.