Apple Music Event

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Apple TV has a USB port as well. It's a joke. I think it was for servicing only. If you hacked it it could see an external hard drive.

WTF? Why have a universal port for servicing only.. with apple, I'm surprised they didn't have some uber secretive proprietary port for that.

Maybe something like a Heptagonal key with a RF Chip in it.

Guest eriathomas

If I can hack the AppleTV to run XBMC like the older version, but with HD support this time, it'll be a steal. I somehow doubt it with that price tag though.

nano definitely took a turn for the worst, i like how its smaller but taking away the camera, clickwheel and other features was a mistake. if someone wanted something that small they get the shuffle... now the shuffle and nano and basically the same thing...

but i do like the new ipod touch i just wish they had more hard drive space. i really want to get one but the price for the 64gb is to much and still wont hold all my music.

That's kind of weird statement to NEVER want one. I mean it's optional, you don't have to use it. There are several apps that do this already.

what i meant was, it makes me angry that things like this cheapen my profession in a way. those photos aren't true HDR. i'm not a fan of any of the 'ooooo i cross colored my photos in an attempt to make them look like a hip polaroid!' apps.

(yeah, i admit, i can get a bit defensive about this stuff. but things like this only serve to make even more 16 year old girls with SLRs think that they're professionals.)

the exact same thing could be said about stupid 12 year old kids who think that because they can unlock expert mode on Guitar Hero or Rockband that they can actually play the guitar (..or drums or sing, etc etc.)

Rockband is a GAME. It's fine if people take it for what it is, but that's all it is. Same goes for kids with SLRs ...or iphones. an iPhone is simply that. a fancy cellphone- a glorified toy really. it is NOT a professional camera. and just because you have an SLR, doesn't mean you're a professional photographer. /rant over.

Guest eriathomas
If you want to run XBMC in HD on your current Apple TV, look into get a Crystal HD card.

I have not heard of this. I wonder if it'd be cheaper then an atom set-top box to get an appletv and that.

what i meant was, it makes me angry that things like this cheapen my profession in a way. those photos aren't true HDR. i'm not a fan of any of the 'ooooo i cross colored my photos in an attempt to make them look like a hip polaroid!' apps.

(yeah, i admit, i can get a bit defensive about this stuff. but things like this only serve to make even more 16 year old girls with SLRs think that they're professionals.)

the exact same thing could be said about stupid 12 year old kids who think that because they can unlock expert mode on Guitar Hero or Rockband that they can actually play the guitar (..or drums or sing, etc etc.)

Rockband is a GAME. It's fine if people take it for what it is, but that's all it is. Same goes for kids with SLRs ...or iphones. an iPhone is simply that. a fancy cellphone- a glorified toy really. it is NOT a professional camera. and just because you have an SLR, doesn't mean you're a professional photographer. /rant over.

God you're fucking retarded. Record Labels aren't getting submissions for signings based on Guitar Hero scores. Photo agencies are being deluged in tons of crap photography from idiots who think they're photographers because they bought a camera.

No where did I mention anything about record labels. I was simply making a point about how technology causes people to take their hobbies way too seriously. I'm a guitar instructor and you have no idea how many kids have made comments to me like "Oh I learned this song on expert on guitar hero so can you teach it to me?" or "Wow, this is so much harder to play on guitar hero." Yes, they are young children, but it just blows me away when people say things like that.

...an iPhone is simply that. a fancy cellphone- a glorified toy really. it is NOT a professional camera...

this made me think of that fashion photo shoot done with an iPhone 3gs.

http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

yeah, i saw that! it's kind of insane. but the whole point of the exercise was to prove that it's not always the camera that makes the photo; it's the skill of the photographer and knowing how to use light.

like chase jarvis says, the best camera is the one you have with you.

God you're fucking retarded. Record Labels aren't getting submissions for signings based on Guitar Hero scores. Photo agencies are being deluged in tons of crap photography from idiots who think they're photographers because they bought a camera.

thank you.

all people have to do is go look at craigslist to see what a problem this is becoming. every asshat whose mommy or daddy got them an slr is now a 'professional' photographer willing to shoot things for insanely low prices, thus effectively putting the people who have actually invested great deals of money into their profession and rely on it to pay their bills out of business in the process.

our buddy here is just using every excuse in the book to drop the term 'guitar instructor' like she's some sort of professional.