If you could see one band...

Guest errolwest

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If two little boys can get over their feud..

Death From Above 1979

I missed their show at the ottobar back in '05...and I'm pretty fucking sure they played with Bear vs. Shark which would be another goddamn band I would love to see live.

So, to get my BvS fix, I guess I'll have to go see Bars of Gold because they rule too.

I'm stoked that the only band I really really really wanted to see reunite...did so...and continues to do so

I gotta disagree with Bunnypuncher, though I never got to see Murder City Devils pre-breakup, every one of their reunion shows I've seen has been unreal, and absolutely fucking great.

I'm fortunate in that I grew up going to see the Devils play. I've seen all of their reunion shows in Seattle and Portland except the last ones, and I didn't go to the last ones because it's gotten so sad. You can tell certain members of the band don't want to be there and are only doing it for the money (which is fine, I just wish they were more excited to be there). It definitely doesn't compare to the riot/parties that used to happen at MCD shows. I'm sure it's probably not as apparent to people who didn't get to see them before, but the tension is just palpable to me.

Oh, and my fantasy choices (dead members or would never, ever happen):

Black Flag (Rollins/Ginn/Kira/Bill lineup)

Led Zeppelin

Ramones (original lineup)

You and I

Wu-Tang w/ ODB

Minor Threat

Void

Drive Like Jehu

Rocket From the Crypt

Type O Negative

(Actually went to multiple RFTC and TON shows and never got to see either band.)

Archers of Loaf. They are the last of the big 90s alt-rock bands that aren't back together.

these guys definitely brought it live. rocket from the crypt was also a great band to see live.

and i totally agree with murder city devils, pre-break up was definitely much more fun than the reunion shows.

And i cant believe no one has mentioned Cro-Mags w/ Parris/Harley/John/Mackey/Doug. I would be throwing stage dives like it was the 80's again.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':zzbrzzgl]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':zzbrzzgl]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Paper Monsters...yeah, but he doesn't keep in touch with Gabe and especially doesn't keep in touch with Jake (or Sean for that matter)...so Tyler and him could do some acoustic "Reunion Shows". I just find it odd that he doesn't even visit Huntsville anymore...especially find it weird that he still hasn't played a Huntsville show under the Cassino name

Bunny Puncher and Mike...I mean, I've seen plenty of the old videos and such and I agree for the most part....but their show at The Mowhawk specifically in Austin during the first night of Fun Fun Fun Fest was straight up a blast, even Nate and Leslie had smiles on and were rockin' out. Also, being front and center and getting on the Mic for that first Reunion show at the Capital Hill Block Party was one of my favorite shows I've ever been to, shit was a blast...whether or not they had fun, I sure as hell did