Blu-ray players

Guest eriathomas

Guest eriathomas

Anyone have one they are really happy with? I've been debating getting one for a while, but have not checked up on them recently. There still problems with constant firmware updates, and some discs still not playing? It'd also be nice to have one that does netflix, but I'm not sure how good the quality is on it compared to my 360 (which I'm thinking of selling). Any recommendations?

Anyone have one they are really happy with? I've been debating getting one for a while, but have not checked up on them recently. There still problems with constant firmware updates, and some discs still not playing? It'd also be nice to have one that does netflix, but I'm not sure how good the quality is on it compared to my 360 (which I'm thinking of selling). Any recommendations?

PS3.

I have an LG blu-ray player, and I really like it. I haven't had any problems with it. It's not wifi, but can connect to the internet with an ethernet cord. I don't use it because I have a Wii, so I don't know if Netflix works well or not. So I guess I'm not much help. But it was only $130 from Best Buy, so it was one of the cheapest ones, but LG's pretty good quality.

Yeah...

I have a Samsung (also have a Samsung tv), I think it's a 1640, or something like that. I haven't had any problems with it, it loads pretty quick and all. I haven't had any problems with discs not playing and Netflix looks good (but that plays a lot on how good your internet connection is)

I have a Samsung (also have a Samsung tv), I think it's a 1640, or something like that. I haven't had any problems with it, it loads pretty quick and all. I haven't had any problems with discs not playing and Netflix looks good (but that plays a lot on how good your internet connection is)

I've got some Samsung model that streams Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, and some Blockbuster crap -- overall, it's pretty sweet! The updates take a little bit of time, but you can have a sandwich eaten and a chocolate milk bottle empty by the time it's finished.

However, just get a PS3. That is the best blu ray player.

I have a Samsung, got it for super cheap from Amazon ($110 plus 4 free movies), before all the steaming capabilities became standard, but my 360 covers me there. Most Samsung and Sony models will work just fine for you if you are looking at just playing Blu-ray discs. I have heard that there will be super cheap players around the time of black Friday, if you can handle that shitstorm of a consumer clusterfuck.

I have a Sony Blu-Ray that came free on a Black Friday deal with my Sony HD TV but every so often it tweaks out and the sound stops until I pause it or something. It's like once every 10 hours of watching something.

But it also happens with my cable box, but not my Xbox360 so I have no idea what the actual problem is.

I have a pioneer player 120 and it is great.

upgrading the firmware is simple.

You go to the website, download the small file, stick it on the thumb drive, put it in the BD player and select upgrade.

I couldn't play Avatar until I upgraded, but once I did the player ran faster all around.

I prefer a stand alone player to a drive built into a PS3, you can do CD live and other stuff with a BD player that you cant with a PS3. But I am also a geek so I like that kinda stuff. Plus I have all Pioneer components and the KURO link allows them all to communicate together and stuff.

PS3.

I prefer a stand alone player to a drive built into a PS3, you can do CD live and other stuff with a BD player that you cant with a PS3. But I am also a geek so I like that kinda stuff. Plus I have all Pioneer components and the KURO link allows them all to communicate together and stuff.

I'm sure there are things that a PS3 can't do that a stand-alone box can (though I haven't found one), but if you meant either a Live CD (for a Linux based OS) or BD-Live, both of those are possible. Well scratch that, Linux support is gone, so Live CD support probably is too haha. BD-Live still works like a charm though, as that's what the Netflix service is based off of.