Thrice-Alchemy Index getting repressed

311thrice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are awkward, but that's not the problem for me. I feel like EPs should be on 10"s. It's just an OCD thing. But Helmet's "Betty" is so fucking awesome, but it's a 10" which means it lives in my 10" section instead of with my Helmet LPs. Again, OCD.

Yeah i get what you mean about the ocd thing. I feel that way about the radiohead and murder by death 10" 's

yeah it was but they sent an extra record with it

Wasn't the extra record only sent to those who ordered from vinylcollective, interpunk and all those other sites? I pre-ordered mine from Thrice's merchlackey.com page and never got a replacement lp. I've listened to mine a few times and it doesn't skip which leads me to believe that the merchlackey orders were fixed before shipping. Anyone know if this is true? I know it's lame, but it would be a cool addition to my Thrice collection even if it was fucked up.

yeah it was but they sent an extra record with it

Wasn't the extra record only sent to those who ordered from vinylcollective, interpunk and all those other sites? I pre-ordered mine from Thrice's merchlackey.com page and never got a replacement lp. I've listened to mine a few times and it doesn't skip which leads me to believe that the merchlackey orders were fixed before shipping. Anyone know if this is true? I know it's lame, but it would be a cool addition to my Thrice collection even if it was fucked up.

I don't think it's true. I, too, ordered from MerchLackey. My "earth" 10" was screwed & they sent out 2 replacements for me. Was only suppose to get one, but I got another the next week, too. Their mistake.

• 3 weeks later...
I listen to Beggars and honestly don't care to ever listen to it again. I will probably revisit it down the road but if not it's not like it will bother me ever.

I kind of felt that way as well but it definitely grew on me. Not their best work but still enjoyed it. Honestly my biggest gripe with their most recent albums is the production, not the songs themselves. I'm not a fan of the grittier sound they are going for, it just sounds a a bit muddy to me.

I listen to Beggars and honestly don't care to ever listen to it again. I will probably revisit it down the road but if not it's not like it will bother me ever.

I kind of felt that way as well but it definitely grew on me. Not their best work but still enjoyed it. Honestly my biggest gripe with their most recent albums is the production, not the songs themselves. I'm not a fan of the grittier sound they are going for, it just sounds a a bit muddy to me.

Talking about Beggars, I just found out two days ago this was actually repressed. Its on black vinyl and isn't numbered but it has the booklet.

I too never really got into the album, but I only heard the digital tracks. I was hoping when the vinyl came out last year I would get a chance to give it a chance, but I never got to keep any! Regardless, I put it back in stock yesterday and ordered some and I get to give it a second chance :)

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Thrice-%252d-Beggars.html

Oh and did anyone else know this was repressed/still available?

• 1 month later...

Nope. This isn't happening. Another Insound mistake. I emailed both Insound and Vagrant about a month ago, asking about it. The guy from Insound who replied said that yes, it's definitely happening, but he didn't have all the information yet and would update soon. The guy from Vagrant said that they have absolutely no plan of repressing it, and neither them nor Thrice has heard about this - so unless somebody is trying to go past both the label and the band, then this isn't real.